48 hours (part 2)

Charles was tasting the cakes, giving them a grade from 1 to 12.

"It's all right. 6 out of 12".

"Out of 12? Why?" Gina asked.

"For the 12 components of food satisfaction: Salty, sweet, sour, bitter, umami, odor, sound..."

"Sound? Come on, Charles. Try her nasty pie".

"Oh, wow. That's the best pie. I ever had" Charles said, trying not to throw up, as Rosa taunted Gina.

"No, no.
No, no, no" Gina remarked.

"What's this?" Terry asked, approaching Boyle's desk.

"We were running calls to pawn shops and then waiting for them to call back".

"I didn't ask what you were doing. I asked what you are doing".

"Pie taste test, it's over. I won" Rosa stated.

"That's unacceptable. If you wanna know which restaurant has better pies, you can't just have one guy try one pie from each place.
Everybody needs to try all the pies from both places. We gonna be here awhile" the sergeant replied.
_____________________________

Jake returned to the interrogation room where Dustin was and placed some papers on the table.

"Debit card statement. You were at a parking meter two blocks from the jewelry store an hour before the robbery" he claimed.

"Oh, no, you found out... About my wife. We both have cards, because we share a joint account, because we love each other" Dustin replied, with a grin.

"You're incapable of love, and I'll prove it! Oh, I'm very tired".

"I want my lawyer, now".

"Ugh! You have changed. You used to go straight to prison!" Jake yelled.
_____________________________

              Time to deadline
            17 hours 01 minutes

"Did Whitman talk?" Amy asked, hopefully.

"Oh, he talked all right" Jake replied.

"He asked for his lawyer" and Holt corrected him.

"By using words, which is technically talking.
We can't ask him any more questions till we find his lawyer, and we can't find his lawyer anywhere. I'm sorry".

Amy sat down in a chair, but there was a cake on it.

"Aah, come on. Why is there pie here?" She cried.

"That's not good. I think the world of you, as a colleague and friend".

"Shut up, Peralta".

"Yep".

"I'll go help her" Y/n sighed, getting up from her desk and following Amy.

"Sorry again!" Jake shouted to Y/N.
_____________________________

              Time to deadline
            15 hours 37 minutes

"Yes!" Gina celebrated.

"Another one for Crust. It's not looking good for Flatbush Diner" Terry stated, adding a point to Gina.

"Ah, come on!" Rosa complained.

"You went home and showered That's so unfair" Jake complained as well.

"I'm just glad I keep a toothbrush here" Charles mentioned.

"Oh, cool. Hey, can I borrow it?" Peralta asked.

"Are you serious Jake?" Y/n asked, disgusted.

"Uh, why do you wanna borrow the
toothbrush?" Boyle asked back.