Vandalism (part 1)

99th Precinct
8:03 AM

"Ah, captain. You're at my desk. Just what I wanna see first thing in the morning" Jake said, entering the office.

"You're three minutes late, Peralta" Holt said, waiting for him in front of his desk.

"Not my fault. I had to take Y/n, because she doesn't have a car, apparently" he said, turning to look at her as she entered after him.

"As if you don't like it, at least you make yourself useful. Morning, captain" she said, walking to her desk. The captain nodded in greeting.

"Very funny. Oh! And I had a plumbing problem".

         ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚flashback ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

Jake's alarm clock started to go off and he groaned, he later throws the phone in the toilet.

       ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚ end of flashback ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"Which reminds me, I'm gonna need a new departmentally issued phone.
Really? I'm a few minutes late, so you're gonna call me out in front of everyone?" Jake asked.

"Good idea. Everyone? Gather around, so I can call out Peralta" the captain yelled.

"Okay, fine. I was three minutes late, I'm sorry for doing one thing wrong. Y/n, you're late too, what are you laughing at?".

"Oh, it's more than one thing" Holt added.

"Uh-oh".

"Let's start with the Kristov murder".

"It was an amazing solve. He confessed in 20 minutes".

"You also mislabeled the evidence, so that confession is worthless if the sergeant hadn't caught your mistake" he said, pointing at Terry.
"Here are three cases with sloppy paperwork. Here are two pictures, one is your locker, the other is a garbage dump in the Philippines. Can you tell which is which?" Holt asked.

Jake thought about it for a while and then answered, "that one's the dump?" He asked, pointing to the photo on the right.

"They're both your locker".

"Gah, I should've guessed that. He's good".

"This folder is labeled 'undies, dirty'".

"So I won't confuse it with 'undies, clean'. Who cares about all these rules? I have more felony arrests than any other detective here".

"Don't flatter yourself, I'm not even trying. Otherwise I'd be the best" Y/n said, winking at him.

Jake was about to say something but was interrupted by the captain "you also have more mice living in your desk than any other detective".

"Algernon! You guys, Algernon's back!".

Everyone grumbled in disgust.

"Get rid of the mouse, and get your act together, now" Holt said and left, going to his office.

"He's grumpy" Jake whispered to the mouse.
_____________________________

99th Precinct
Morning Briefing
8:30 AM

"Okay, detectives, let's get started. Santiago, where are we with the Jay street drug bust?" Terry asked.

"There are 12 keys of coke uncounted for, but we got a warrant to search the dealer's apartment" Amy answered.

"Good. Take Boyle and Diaz".

"Dream team" Charles said, drinking from his cup.

"Peralta, brief us on the vandalism case".