Vandalism (part 2)

"Hey, look at this. Your prints were on file.
Nice to meet you, Trevor Podolski.
Oh, Podolski, just like deputy police commissioner Podolski.
Your father is deputy police commissioner Podolski..." Jake said, realizing.

"I'm not sure how things work here, but does that mean that your career is in my hands?" Trevor asked, with a superior look.

"Okay, you know what? Yes".
_____________________________

"20.2 kilos. I feel like we could round up to 21" Amy said.

"Or we could round down to 20, take the extra 0.2, sell it to our friends" Gina proposed, and then giggled.

"I'll call the D.A. Rosa, you log this in. Charles, maybe watch Gina" Amy said, leaving the room.

"So what are you doing tonight?" Rosa asked Charles.

"Nothing. What about you... are doing tonight?".

"Nothing".

"Carlene" Gina whispered, showing her business card.

"Whelp, I hope you find something to do" he said chuckling, and added "I'm gonna pee.
That's what i'm doing tonight. No", he left the room.
_____________________________

"Deputy commissioner's son, huh?" Holt asked, "his decision to target cop cars makes a lot more sense now".

Jake sighed and said "We gotta let him walk, right?".

"He defaced nine police vehicles, and you caught him red-handed. Why would you let him walk?"

"Captain, I did all the work on this perfectly.
I mean, my report has over 25 pages of meticulous research, diagrams, and maps.
I even put an "about the author" section on the back.
I did everything you asked me to do, but this is
above my pay grade. You gotta make the call".

"You're the arresting officer. It's your call. I told you to do every part of your job, and making this call is part of your job".

"Yeah, but you think I should process him".

"Mm-hmm"

"Well, if I do, the deputy commissioner could ruin my career, and I'll end up on the streets selling my beautiful body for a can of beans".

"Mm-hmm".

"Has anyone ever told you you look exactly like a statue?".

"Yes".
_____________________________

"Man, you were totally right about the cocaine,
and you were also right about Rosa" Charles said to Carlene.

"Who's Rosa?" She asked.

"The woman I-" he was interrupted by Gina,
"The woman who doesn't love him back".

"oh".

"Yes, that woman" he said.

"You know, it can be a burden to always know what's gonna happen in the future" Carlene said.

Charles was about to get up from his chair when Carlene stopped him, "don't get out
of the chair! I just had a vision of you leaving this chair and getting seriously injured".

"Oh, my god".

"I should probably wheel you back to your desk. That is a great idea. Wheel you off a bridge" she laughed, "I'm kidding". Gina said, carrying the chair Charles sat in, to his desk, and began to sing.

♪ oh, you're alone ♪ uh-oh, you're alone
for life ♪.
_____________________________

"So here are my options. One, I process
Podolski's kid, he fires me, and I spend the rest of my career as a detective, third grade,
which is literally pathetic. No offense, Hitchcock" Jake said.