Halloween (part 2)

99th Precinct
11:22 pm

"So the soonest you can fix the ceiling is monday?" Holt asked, talking on the phone.

But some feathers fell onto his desk.

"I'm gonna have to call you back".

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Jake stood in front of the air vent with pigeons in hand, trying to put them in the air vent, while Y/n was petting one.

"Wait, stop scratching me. We're supposed to be a team. Y/n, would you help me please?".

"It's not my fault they hate you. Look at this one, how cute" she said, smiling at it as she stroked.

"Ahem" the captain interrupted them.

"Captain, Hi. I was just photocopying some stuff" Jake replied.

"Are you trying to jam pigeons into my air-conditioning vent to flush me out of my office?" He asked.

"Way to ruin the surprise".

"I'd like to add that I said it was a bad idea" Y/n said.

"How did you get those birds?".

"By using my big, fat brain. And Y/n's hands".

˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚flashback ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"Get in the bag, you damn bird" Jake shouted.

"Jake, you can't chase them with a huge piece of bread and hope they don't run away".

"Just help me! Eat the bread. Eat the bread!"

She sighed and she grabbed a canvas bag, trying to help Jake.

"I gotcha! I gotcha!" He muttered.

"I got two!" She said, happily.

"Yay! Good job!" Jake celebrated, throwing the things he was holding on the floor, going to hug her.

"Isn't this animal abuse?" She whispered in the hug.

"Nah!  Now let's go put them in the vents" he run away.

       ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚ end of flashback ˚✧₊⁎ົཽ⁎⁺˳✧༚

"All part of my elaborate plan to defeat you".

"So far, you and your big, fat brain are losing--badly. Even with Y/n's help".

"Maybe, if we're talking about who's winning our bet. But if we're talking about who's holding more birds, I'm winning, four-nothing".

"You're only holding two".

"Yeah. Y/n got attached to the fourth," Jake said, jerking his head in her direction, then cleared his throat.
_____________________________

"Ooh, when you were logging in the drugs, you missed some awesome stuff.
Guy walked by in full astronaut costume, gave me a high five" Boyle narrated to 'Amy'.

"He high-fived me too" a deep voice came from the skeleton costume.

"Wait--Hitchcock?".

"Darn it. I wasn't supposed to talk, but I got so excited about that astronaut".

"What is happening?"

"Amy paid me 50 bucks to trade places with her for the rest of the night".

"Really?" Charles added in disbelief.

"Yeah. I'm gonna use that money to buy two suits" he said proudly while Charles walked away.
_____________________________

"Well, I was gonna ask you to tell the captain that I brought in royal babies for Diaz, but I'm sure he already knows, since he's always one step ahead of me" Jake informed Gina, sitting in the chair in front of her.