chapter 99

"When we walk out of the research area every day, we will look at this monument." An old professor stretched out his hand to caress the rough surface of the stone monument. His old hands are like an old tree. "There are some things that must never be forgotten."

Xia Tian looked up, but saw the solemn and towering stele. For some reason, he felt sour for no reason. At the beginning of the war, he and other students were sent to the Federation galaxy. Later, the two regimes broke off diplomatic relations, and they went back and forth Difficult, so he can only rely on various information on the star network to understand the current situation of the empire. Whether it is fighting or retreating, winning or winning, he has never personally participated.

But even so, he seems to have read the tears of separation of his relatives and the blood of the people who died in vain from the series of cold numbers. This kind of emotion is too heavy. I have never felt such resentment but sense of futility before, and such feelings are suddenly magnified in the atmosphere at this moment, making Xia Tian a little out of breath.

The palm of his hand suddenly warmed up, and Xia Tian, ​​who was staring blankly at the stele, came back to his senses, and it was Sheng Li who walked beside him, holding his hand and standing side by side with him. "Master..." Xia Tian murmured in a low voice, interlocking his fingers, and then Sheng

Li said softly, "Don't be afraid, Xia Xia, this monument is not here just to make you sad."

He looked at each other, with a quiet sense of reassurance, Xia Tian's unconsciously tense body gradually relaxed, and then was led by Sheng Li into the research area.

Sensing that the little fox next to him finally got out of that low mood, Sheng Li said: "I have experienced the destruction of the seven stars.

" "Surrender", merged into the outer galaxy, and had to cede several resource-rich asteroids as a gift of surrender. Even if the former government was rotten, it would never agree to such a request. The eastern galaxy used helium bombs to attack the border of the empire as a deterrent. The seven planets were bombed indiscriminately. In an instant, the seven planets turned into fly ash and completely disappeared in the universe. This tragic attack was called "Destruction of the Seven Stars".

Xia Tian had never heard Sheng Li mention this matter, he suddenly opened his eyes wide, and hugged Sheng Li back forcefully.

"I haven't heard from the master." Xia Tian whispered sullenly.

Sheng Li also hugged him back tenderly, "I didn't want to tell you this before." Even he was angry and depressed when he knew about the destruction of the Seven Stars. The people of Seven Stars also had to admit helplessly that in terms of the situation at that time, the imperial galaxy was not capable of protecting Seven Stars at all.

"...So I have always been an active advocate of the war." Sheng Li seemed to remember the way he was arguing with the high-level officials at that time, and smiled, "I don't advocate aggression and expansion, but I definitely don't agree with forbearance and peace. "

Xia Tian still refused to look up, just buried in his arms and said: "Because when the enemy comes, even if a country can 'hide its strength and bide its time', the people who died under the enemy's sword will never have the opportunity to seek peace in exchange for rebirth. Opportunity."

This was what Zhao Yuanbai said in the main hall when foreigners invaded the border in the last small world. This general who has been carrying the gun all his life has never had the idea of ​​retreating in order to negotiate a peace. According to his words, The monarch can afford to wait, and the ministers can afford to wait, but the people whose necks are held by the enemy's sword cannot afford to wait.