chapter 79

Ever since Aunt Lin made a scene in the street that day, there have been rumors about the prime minister's mansion. Sheng Qingyun has been an official for many years, has many students, and naturally has many political enemies. People who are interested have made several articles about this matter. Sheng Qingsong had a ghost in his heart, but he had to pretend that he was being wronged. After all, Emperor Zhengkang was behind the scenes and there were very few people who really knew the truth. But even so, it exhausted him physically and mentally. Within a few days, he said he was sick.

The court is also full of turbulence, the fifth prince is full of ambitions, the fourth prince is pressing closely, and the rest of the princes are sharpening their heads to climb up, and they are all staring at each other, waiting to kill their brothers. Drag down the abyss.

A few days later, the Mid-Autumn Festival came.

According to the usual practice, there will be a family banquet in the palace on this day, and colorful lights are hung everywhere in the palace. The whole palace seems to be made of fireflies, which looks beautiful from a distance.

In the main hall, Emperor Zhengkang sat in the first place. Next to him was the noble concubine Duan, who was supposed to be sitting with the highest status in the harem. However, the noble concubine felt cold and was afraid that the emperor would get sick, so she refused to invite her. Emperor Zhengkang did not Before asking too much, concubine Shu was handpicked to take the position, which made Concubine Zhen and the others red-eyed with hatred. They were also testing medicine for the emperor, so why did Concubine Shu fall into the emperor's favor?

The princes and princesses sat down with their families, and there was a symphony in the hall, and graceful dancers danced gracefully. Xia Tian was not used to being liked by Emperor Kang. Although he was a prince, he was placed in a corner far away. He was enjoying himself, after all, the imperial palace was not good in every way, but the craftsmanship in the imperial dining room was good, he tasted the dishes on the table little by little, and pushed all the dishes that he thought were delicious to Sheng Li.

Sheng Li spread the dishes for him with silver chopsticks, and said in a low voice: "You don't have to eat all these dishes, just be careful." This is not in the palace, because little foxes don't like wasting food, they serve three meals a day The dishes are all rationed, and every plate of Xia Tian must be eaten cleanly; today's palace banquet has a total of ninety-nine and eighty-one dishes, which means "long and long", if the little fox eats them all If it is lost, then Sheng Li may have to carry the little fox back home with the little fox who can't move.

Xia Tian was eating a dish of cold shredded chicken, when he heard the words he said vaguely, "Maybe the dish...well...there's no end to it."

Sheng Li chuckled, "That's true."

The two of them sat in a corner, not being noticed by others, but there were a few princes and princesses nearby who wanted to make friends and had a few words with them.

Just when the party was enjoying themselves, the fourth prince suddenly stood up and said to the aloof Emperor Zhengkang, "I would like to inform my father that today is a good day for family reunion. I shouldn't disturb my father's interest, but..."

" Now that you know it's wrong, then back off." Emperor Zhengkang was drinking a glass of fine wine from Concubine Shu's hand, when he heard this he waved his hand without even raising his eyelids.

Concubine Shu glanced at the fourth prince triumphantly, and said softly to Emperor Zhengkang: "Your Majesty, look, this wine has added crystal stones, so it can sparkle under the candlelight, like a galaxy falling into the cup, which is a symbol of the emperor's wine. Swallowing mountains and rivers, you can take the world into your arms."

Emperor Zhengkang nodded with a smile, "I love my concubine."

The fourth prince paused, and said: "Father, this matter is about the father's dragon body, and my son has found out Daoist Lingyun of the Changsheng Pavilion..."

Emperor Zhengkang was furious, picked up a copper cup and threw it at the fourth prince, "Who gave you the courage to investigate the Taoist priest? Come and take down the fourth prince!"

" Because of a Daoist priest, father is going to take down son-in-law?" The fourth prince turned his head away from the copper lamp, and dusted off his robe, "In that case, father, don't blame son-in-law." Emperor Zhengkang's face was serious, and

he When he was about to speak, his throat suddenly became sweet, he vomited blood in public, and his body limp and fell on the dragon chair.

Concubine Shu was right next to him, her face was sprayed with warm black blood, she forgot to scream and dodge in panic, only the hand holding the wine cup couldn't help shaking, and the little maid who was waiting on the side With a cry of surprise, she shook her body and said, "Your Majesty! The emperor drank the wine you served..." "

Presumptuous!" Concubine Shu slapped the maid on the face, but couldn't stop others from looking at him. Wang Jinzhong shouted, "Xuan Doctor", the drum music stopped suddenly, and the hall was in chaos for a while. His Royal Highnesses, princes and daughters looked at each other in blank dismay. They more or less knew that Emperor Zhengkang had been taking medicine so far, and his body could hardly last longer, but no one thought that he would be in the Mid-Autumn Festival. Passed out at the royal family dinner.

The fourth prince said loudly: "Concubine Shu intends to rebel and poison the emperor, someone! Take her down!" The

fifth prince stood up abruptly and cursed angrily: "Fourth, what are you, you dare to shout Someone touched my concubine mother?" The

fourth prince laughed loudly, "I forgot, Concubine Shu is the concubine mother of the fifth prince..." He glanced coldly at everyone in the hall, "If Concubine Shu poisoned her, it must be for my own good Brother, isn't he?"

Before he finished speaking, all the dancers in red dresses in the palace pulled out soft swords disguised as waist ornaments from their waists, and stopped a group of princes and princesses. Xia Tian also stood in front of them, but the two of them Without looking at it, Xia Tian even took a spoonful of soup and fed it to Sheng Li.

"Brother Huang... You, you want to rebel?" The ninth princess looked at the fourth prince in disbelief, her voice trembling.

"My sister's words are wrong. The fifth prince intends to murder the father. I am killing my relatives righteously." The fourth prince said, nodding to the dancers, and immediately one of them pierced the fifth prince's chest with a sword. He didn't even realize that he had been stabbed, and he kept cursing the fourth prince, until the moment he fell to the ground, he stared blankly at the blood gurgling from his chest.

The soft sword was poisoned, and the fourth prince's lips turned black and died a moment after he fell down. Concubine Shu was so shocked by this accident that she cried again and again. She hurriedly climbed down from the throne, hugged the fifth prince and cried: "The emperor Son, emperor, wake up, look at concubine mother, don't sleep, concubine mother, please look at concubine mother!"

His mournful voice was like weeping blood, but no one in the hall was moved, and the fourth prince raised his hand to concubine Shu again. He raised his chin, "Concubine Shu was poisoned, so naturally I can't keep it."

Everyone watched as the fourth prince easily killed Concubine Shu and the fifth prince with just a few words. Stabbed to death by a sword, several princesses fainted from fright when they saw this.

The hall that was singing and dancing just now was filled with disgusting bloody smell. Several princes who were fighting with the fourth prince clenched their fists, wanting to rise up and kill him, but afraid of the peachy plums in front of them but with murderous intent in their eyes. dancer. The fourth prince walked towards Emperor Zhengkang step by step as if no one was around. Wang Jinzhong stood in front of Emperor Zhengkang, swung his whisk, and put on a full guard posture.

"Don't be afraid, my lord. This king will not hurt you. Tomorrow, you have to deliver an orality to your father in the court hall, and you will personally make this king the regent." The fourth prince sneered, and said: "This king can I don't want to cause too many murders, lest father and emperor will know and be unhappy."

At this moment, the noise outside the hall and the sound of gold and stone being handed over weapons came, and everyone in the hall looked at the fourth prince who was confident in his mind, and their hearts jumped in unison. Liang, there are changes in the palace, and the fourth prince will not be so stupid as to plot rebellion with only a few dancers. Right now, his rebels are probably fighting with the palace guards.

The fourth prince was obviously also a little nervous, he walked quickly to the front of the palace gate, and saw a beam of fire rising from the northwest direction, he was immediately relieved, he looked up to the sky and laughed three times, and took out a dagger from his bosom.

Except for the guards and the generals allowed by the emperor himself, no one in the palace can wear sharp weapons at such banquets. No one knows how the fourth prince hid this dagger in. He touched an opal on the handle , sighed: "Speaking of which, it was given to me by my father when I practiced martial arts for the first time." Now, he is going to use this dagger to take the life of Emperor Zhengkang.

The prince's bark-like old face showed a look of astonishment. He threw down the whisk, and without hesitation to hide it, he took out a pill from his sleeve and stuffed it into Emperor Zhengkang's mouth. The dancer at the side quickly swung his sword, but After all, it was a step too late, the elixir was forced down by the prince, he opened his mouth and breathed the air with difficulty, seeing Zhengkang Emperor's fingers dangling slightly, he just closed his eyes with a smile.

Seeing this, Xia Tian whispered to Sheng Li, "I didn't live long, but now I'm going to die sooner..." Zheng

Kangdi's toxin has entered the body, and there is no cure for it. It took ten days and a half months, but tonight he drank the wine mixed with crystal stone powder, and took such an overbearing elixir, even if he opened his eyes, he would not be able to return to the light.

Sheng Li pinched the tip of his nose, "Go."

Xia Tian glanced at the person on the dragon chair, then gently hooked Sheng Li's fingertips with his little finger, and said, "Be careful." Only then did he stand up reluctantly, and when he spoke again, his expression was icy cold, which was five points similar to Sheng Li in the past.

"Brother Sihuang, you can plead guilty now, or you can leave a dead body."

Because he sits the farthest, he is obviously the least favored prince, and the guards here are also the weakest. Noticing this brother, he didn't notice him until now, and said with a smile: "What? Thirteenth brother still wants to take a share?"

Xia Tian gently pinched his palm with his fingers hidden under the sleeve of his wide robe, and then said: "Brother Sihuang, Father is the Son of Heaven, who gave you the courage to attack Father at the family banquet? You are treasonous if you do it in the palace, how dare you disobey the destiny!" No one noticed

, Emperor Zhengkang on the dragon chair opened his eyes slightly, and was staring at his son motionless.

The fourth prince didn't put Xia Tian in his eyes at all. He knew about this younger brother. Because of his father's deliberate arrangement, he was able to accomplish everything from literary to martial arts. How can a three-point countryman achieve great things?

"Since the thirteenth brother is so filial, why don't you try it for the emperor first, is this dagger as rumored to seal the throat with blood?" Sheng Li's eyes turned

cold, he raised his hand and made a gesture, guarding the front The dancer girl realized something was wrong, and was about to make a move, but was hit by a feathered arrow in her forehead, she closed her eyes and fell to the ground without even saying a word.

It wasn't just her, many figures suddenly appeared on the beams in the hall. These people were originally the most secretive guards in the imperial guards, and they silently eliminated all the dancers with their sleeve arrows.

"Brother Sihuang, let me advise you one more thing. As long as the father is still alive, he will always be the emperor of the world. Don't do anything wrong again." Xia Tian didn't look at the group of dancers who collapsed. , only said to the fourth prince with a serious expression.

The fourth prince gritted his teeth, and it was hard to get off now. Anyway, the imperial guards in the palace were under control. These dancers died as soon as they died, and they were no hindrance to him. He sneered, "The thirteenth brother is so filial, treat me In the future, the regent will let you go underground to be filial to your father."

"Fourth...you are so courageous!"

No matter how hard Emperor Zhengkang was to hide his anger, when he saw the hidden guards making a move, he didn't even care about why they were used by King An, so his veins burst out of anger, and he stared at the fourth prince viciously.