chapter 34

It was seven days after Xia Tian saw the beggar again. The Marshal's Mansion did not treat him harshly. Although he was locked in a dark room, three meals a day were delivered by special personnel. The beggar changed into a neat new suit. In the clothes, the cheeks that were so thin that the cheekbones were visible have also plumped up a lot, looking quite innocent and cute.

    But that's just what it looks like, no one will forget why he came to the commander's mansion - to kill his father with his own hands. He slit the throat of a grown man with a thin shard of broken china.

    Xia Tian looked him up and down, admiring him in his heart. You must know that when he was abandoned by his parents as a little milk fox, he had neither the courage nor the ability to bite off his parents' necks.

    He watched carefully. Although Sheng Li knew that he had no other feelings, he didn't like his little fox looking at people other than himself for a long time; With the thought in his eyes, Sheng Li took out the candied fruit he was carrying with him and fed it to Xia Tian's mouth.

    As expected, the little fox was distracted, concentrated on eating the candied fruit, and looked up at Sheng Li's clothes from time to time, wanting to know where the owner hid these snacks.

    The child restrained his original ferocity, and stood obediently in the hall. He didn't even look up at Sheng Li and Xia Tian who were sitting above, but lowered his head, wringing his hands nervously.

    "Raise your head." Sheng Li said coldly, for people other than Xia Tian, ​​even children couldn't arouse his tenderness at all.

    The boy quickly raised his head, his breathing quickened due to nervousness, his small chest heaved and heaved, Xia Tian looked at him, but remembered the scene when he met his owner for the first time in the previous world, and he was also very nervous at that time , for fear that the other party will suddenly draw his sword and kill him.

    Sheng Li looked at the boy and asked, "I heard that you want to change your name?"

    "I...I didn't have a name before." The boy seemed to realize that this was not an honorable thing, he lowered his head and said: "Others call me Zhou Jia Dalang, I don't want to have my father's surname anymore."

    It is very difficult to change the name after it is registered on the household registration, but the boy is unwilling to be under his father's household registration no matter what. He thinks to himself that even if he dies tomorrow and is taken to the underworld by a kid, he will never recognize the life and death book On the "Zhou Dalang" name.

    "So what's your name now?" Sheng Li asked.

    The boy was very surprised that Sheng Li would ask this question, hesitated for a moment, and said, "My mother's name is Xue, I have my mother's name, I... My name is Xue Qiu."

    A ten-year-old boy standing next to him Hearing this, the soldier had a look of unbearable expression on his baby face. He had only joined the young marshal's army not long ago, and he hadn't learned how to keep calm as a soldier.

    All he knew was that the Zhou family was originally an ordinary family in Fengtai City. The father of the Zhou family, Zhou Laosi, had been tender and affectionate for a while when he married his wife Xue Sanniang. He gave birth to his eldest son a year after entering the house. Watching the happy life of "wife and children on the kang" start to live, but Zhou Lao Si became addicted to cigarettes somewhere, quit his job in the tavern, and went to the smoke bar every day with the money. Only relying on Xue Sanniang to sew and mend laundry for other people to earn some trivial money to get by, until Marshal Sheng issued a ban on smoking, and the fourth child did not stop for a while during the week when the smoking halls in the city were closed.