[Chapter 37]

Jungwon had just finished the first activity of the day, when a panting Sunoo came running up to him. 

"You...you- have..." He struggles to get the words out as he hadn't caught his breath yet. "They're...they're..."

"What?" Jungwon could tell this was serious, and lost his patience pretty quickly. He placed his hands on his hips while he waited for Sunoo to finally spit it out. 

The ravenette sucks in a deep breath before blurting, "They're sending Jay home!"

A wave of shock and confusion washes over Jungwon, and he finds himself speechless. They couldn't do that, he needed Jay here. There was so much they still needed to talk about.

"You have to go see him...trust me Jungwon...he wants to fix everything with you." Sunoo continues, taking breaths in between short sections of his sentence. "He's not allowed to speak to anyone...so you have to go to him...he's probably getting on the bus right now."

This was extremely overwhelming. Jungwon could barely process what Sunoo was saying, due to how scrambles his head was right now. He furrows his brows at his friend. "How do you know this?" 

"Mrs Son. She told me everything, and then told me to find you." Sunoo replies. 

At first, Jungwon found it weird that Mrs Son would do that, but without her he wouldn't have known that Jay was getting sent home. Now he had the chance to do something before it was too late. So he was thankful for her.

"Are you gonna go or not?!"

Reality hit him like a ton of bricks. His eyes widened and his heart beat sped up. What was he doing just standing here? He had to go to Jay.

Maybe it seemed dramatic, or immature, but Jungwon didn't care. In this moment, his heart was telling him to run, and that's what he did. Past his classmates, past his teachers, past Dahyun, through the forest where he lost capture the flag, along the river that nearly killed him. He ran and ran and ran, with only one thing on his mind. Sure he could leave it until the weekend, sure he could phone Jay tomorrow, but that was not good enough for him. Love doesn't wait.

____

Suitcase in the storage. Backpack on the chair beside him. Jay sat in silence staring at the coach ceiling. This retreat had well and truly sucked for him. None of that negative 'tent-sion' had been released like Principle Im had promised. He actually felt like all the stress he experienced this week had taken years off his life. And now he just had to sit here and wait for the old man who was meant to be driving him home. Which felt like hours, even though it had only been minutes. How long did it take for him to use the bathroom?

He lets out a loud groan, thinking about how he had to go straight to the coach. He couldn't even send Jungwon a message because his phone was dead. The boy was going to think he just up and left without even saying goodbye. Why was luck always against him? Surely things would work out for him at least once.

Well, he wasn't just going to sit around and wait for things to work out. He was already in trouble, so why should he care about getting into a bit more? 

Jumping up from his seat, Jay storms down the isle, about to walk down the steps, when he feels someone smaller bump into him. Instinctively he wraps his arms around them, stopping them from falling back. This would be really awkward if it was the bus driver, but luckily, as Jay veers his gaze down, he see's Jungwon staring up at him.

"I was just coming to look for you." He chuckles, stepping back to allow Jungwon to get into the coach properly. 

The brunette smiles sheepishly. "But won't you get in trouble?"

"I couldn't care less if I get benched for the rest of the year. You're more important Jungwon." Jay grabs his hands and holds them tight. "Fuck all this complicated shit, we're gonna make this work, okay? I'm not giving up."

Jungwon couldn't help but tear up hearing that. This was all he ever wanted to hear from Jay. "I love you."

"That's good." A smirk curves Jay's lips, and his tongue trails over it, before he steps forward, bringing his hand up to caress Jungwon's cheek. "Because I love you too." 

As he connects their lips, he finally felt that release of tension Principle Im was on about. All of their fights, jealousy and misunderstandings channeled into the passion that drove this kiss. None of that mattered anymore, because three simple words made more impact than the petty drama ever could. 

"Oh-"

Instantly, Jungwon breaks the kiss, and hides behind Jay. How embarrassing that they had been caught kissing by the bus driver.

The old man stares at them for a second. "I didn't know I was taking two kids home."

All either of them had to do was open their mouth, and this misunderstanding would be cleared. But if there's anything we know about Jungwon and Jay, it's that they love some miscommunication.

"You better sit down, we'll be going now." The man says, sitting down behind the wheel.

The two boys look at each other, before they break out into to laughter. Hand in hand they head down the isle to where Jay had been sitting. They now had two hours of uninterrupted time to talk through everything as they pleased. Maybe this retreat wasn't so bad after all.

____

Ahh sorry for disappearing, I'll try to get back on schedule. The book is nearly over, so I've just gotta push through.