[Chapter 3]

"I'll get us a seat." Jungwon says, heading straight into their designated coach.

Jay nods and takes both their suitcases to the storage compartment, with the intention of getting on the bus right after. Unfortunately for him, after putting away the bags, he found himself face to face with his sociology teacher Miss Chou. 

"Jay, exactly the person I was looking for, I want a word with you."

There was only one thing Jay had to do this morning, and that was to avoid Miss Chou. Looks like he failed that one.

"I'd love to talk miss, but I've got to get on the bus." He speaks casually as he walks around his teacher. "Another time maybe-"

"Not so fast." She cuts him off. "I want your essay."

Miss Chou wasn't a cold teacher in the slightest, but her words sent a shiver down Jay's spine. No one believed him when he said the woman was scary. Probably due to the fact, he was always late on assignments and never paid attention in class. To everyone else she was nice, but she took no prisoners to those who try to slack off.

"The essay? uhh I don't remember an essay." Jay tried to play dumb, but by the woman's harsh glare, he cut the act. "Oh that essay! Yeah- I uh left it at home." Or more truthfully, he hadn't even started it.

"You're two weeks late, and the only person in my class who hasn't submitted it."

"Well I had that big game come up, then I just got super busy."

"You're going to get me that essay." She states, pulling out a notepad, pen, and sociology book from the tote over her shoulder. She pushes them into Jay's hands. "3000 words on the complexities of relationships. If it's not done by the end of this week, you'll fail, and if I recall correctly, you're about one fail away from getting benched."

That was a big threat. Getting benched would destroy Jay's pride. He couldn't let that happen, not when there were so many more football games coming up in the year. It was about time he took school seriously. 

____

"Who am I gonna sit by?" Jake questions as he clambers onto the coach. He walks down the isle, stopping towards the middle of the bus, where he claims a set of four empty seats.

"I don't know, just sit down, and someone will sit next to you." Sunoo suggests, sitting in the row behind Jakes. Sunghoon takes the spot beside him.

"But what if I get someone like Minjun?"

"What's wrong with Minjun?" Sunghoon asks, slightly confused since, even though he didn't know Minjun that well, he seemed nice enough.

Oppositely, Sunoo knew exactly why sitting next to Minjun was a problem. "Wait isn't Minjun that guy who got you super paranoid that we're all living in a simulation a few months ago?"

"Yeah he's super into conspiracy theories." Jake kneels on his seat, and places his arms over the head rest, so he can speak to his friends. "He's so compelling about it though. He could tell me I'm a lizard person and I'd believe him."

The boys laugh at Jake's comment. He wasn't a naive person, but when someone speaks very confidently, his opinions seem to waver. Conspiracy theories always messed with his mind, thus making Minjun a very bad bus buddy.

Sunghoon didn't pay much attention to the other kids boarding his bus, well not until he saw Heeseung at the front of the coach. A devilish smile curves his lips. "Why don't you ask Heeseung?"

"Shut up! I can't do that." Jake snaps, a layer of rosy blush sprinting to his cheeks.

"He winked at you-"

"He winked at Sunoo too, it doesn't mean anything." Jake quickly interrupts, and Sunghoon puts his hands up in defense.

Did Jake have a crush on Heeseung? Not really. It was undeniable that the boy was handsome, charming, and kind, but he was way out of Jake's league. Jake was still a nobody, and Heeseung was- well, Heeseung.

"Oh Jake!" Wonyoung's familiar squeal fills their ears. The girl excitedly runs over, as Jake watches in confusion. "Now that I know you exist this is the perfect opportunity for us to get to know each other!"

Jake wasn't sure how to respond, and actually felt slightly worried that he was about to become her next obsession. I mean how could he not, after seeing how possessive she became over Sunoo.

"This going to be so fun!" She takes the seat with no objection.

Jake silently smiles at his friends, in a 'wish me luck' sorta way, before he sits himself properly beside Wonyoung. Readying himself for whatever this eccentric girl had in store for him.

____

"So how are you feeling about this trip-"

"Fuck off."

"Okay then." Jiwon grits her teeth, and drops her mic to her side, spinning around to face her camera woman. "Why does no one want to speak to us?"

"You told the whole school that I had chlamydia." The boy snaps from his seat.

"Cause you did, and I was doing my duty to warn people." Jiwon snaps back, angrily grabbing Rei's hand, and storming down the isle. "All these people have grudges against me, why can't they just let things go?"

Rei shrugs. "I guess we did make a lot of enemies."

After ending their gossiping ways, Jiwon naively thought that everyone would grow to like them. No one enjoyed being gossiped about, so she understood why everyone used to hate her. However, it had been two weeks since I've got the gossip's rebranding, and nothing had changed. People watched their show, but still hated them, just like before.

Unfortunately, this had more impact that just hurting their feelings, since it was actually affecting their job for the week. Principle Im had asked the girls to film a video of the trip for the schools website, and thus, would pay them for their work. It was their first ever paid job, and they put a lot of pressure on themselves to exceed all expectations. 

"Well I need at least one successful interview." Jiwon huffed frustratedly. Nothing was impossible for her, there had to be one person she could find that wouldn't curse her out. "Oh Jungwon, can I-"

"Get that microphone away from me gossip girl." Jungwon immediately shuts her down.

____

There we go! The first three chapters!

I hope you enjoyed, and let me know what you think. There's a lot to come, so buckle up, I'll see you at the next upload.

Bye for now!