[Chapter 21]

There is no worse sight than seeing the one you love wrapped up in the arms of someone else. Jay found himself stung with an intense feeling of jealousy, and a heavy urge to immediately separate the two boys. However, his body just wouldn't move, eyes burning through the boys until they inevitably separate on their own. It was in Junhyuck's best interest to leave, and luckily he did, or else this footballer might have not been able to control himself. 

All Jay wanted to do now was to go to his cabin and calm down, knowing if he spoke to Jungwon, they were just going to fight about it. So, as he made his way towards his cabin, he completely blanked the brunette as he went past. 

"Hey! I've been waiting for you..." Jungwon calls to him, appearing worried as he sees how mad Jay seems to be.

"Really? Or are you just lonely now Junhyuck's gone?" Jay snaps, stopping on the steps of his cabin. He leans against the railing, looking down at Jungwon. "You two looked cozy."

Jungwon narrows his eyes on him. "Oh my God, It was literally a friendly hug, get over yourself."

"Sure." Jay scoffs, swiftly turning around and walking up another step.

"Are you seriously getting jealous over a hug that meant nothing?" Jungwon questions with annoyance prevalent in his voice. He walks to the bottom of the steps, as Jay's turns around and steps down a few.  

"What if I hugged Yujin?"

"That's different-"

"Why? Cause it's one rule for you and one rule for me?" Jay's interruption leaves Jungwon speechless. Now face to face with the boy, he remembers that stupid capture the flag prize. This was meant to be a nice moment between them, but Jungwon had ruined it. He pulls out a packet of strawberry chewy sweets from his pocket. "Here- I got these for you."

"Well I don't want them now!" Jungwon replies almost instantly. He seemed really annoyed that Jay had changed the subject like that. 

"Fine, don't have them then!" Jay rolls his eyes, and throws the packet of sweets onto the floor next to Jungwon. Then he turns around, storming up the stairs and into the cabin. The last thing he hears before slamming the door is Jungwon calling him childish.

"Do you think you could slam that any harder?"

Jay ignores Sunghoon's sarcasm, and jumps straight onto his bed, burring his face into his pillow. Why did he have to be stuck in the middle of the woods? He just wanted to be home right now, so he could distract himself from all the drama. There was really nothing to do in these cabins other than talk to your roommates, and Jay did not feel like hearing Sunghoon rant about Sunoo's 'betrayal' for the millionth time tonight.

Instead, he decided to grab his notebook and be productive. For the first time in his whole life, he actually wanted to do an assignment. 

____

"Ugh! How long does it take for you to get a silly little prize?!" Jiwon yells dramatically as she see's Rei entering their cabin. The blonde is quickly shushed by her other two roommates, who had already threatened to get her kicked out for being too loud [and annoying] multiple times in these two days. She simply rolls her eyes, and ushers Rei onto her bed.

"Sorry, Dahyun took us out into-"

"That's unimportant!" Jiwon cuts her off, this time in an aggressive whisper. She pulls across Rei's laptop, which was already on and had editing software open. "I've uploaded a few voice memo interviews I took today, because I actually did my job, unlike you who was too busy playing around with those fools."

"Actually I wore a camera all day-"

"And what use is that to us?" Jiwon interrupts her again, leaving Rei to just bite her tongue. "Tomorrow you need to take some B roll of the trees, and the river, and birds and stuff. So this place looks all idyllic and nice." 

Rei hums depressingly.

"What's wrong with you?" Jiwon asks, picking up on Rei's somber mood. Before the girl gets to answer, she notices the packet of coconut curls sticking out her pocket, and takes it for herself. She scans over the packet. "They're vegan, perfect!" Swiftly, she begins to eat them, gaze flickering over to Rei. "Come on, tell me what's up."

"Well I had a lot of cool ideas for what we could do with the footage I got today." Rei explains, though she didn't sound too confident in her words, keeping her head down as she spoke. "This isn't an advertisement for the retreat, it's meant to show all the fun we had."

"So you really think that showing the buffoons in our class fighting over pieces of fabric will make a good video for the school website? Ridiculous! We'll stick to my plan." Jiwon throws another handful of coconut curls into her mouth as she turns to the laptop. "We're going to interview a few teachers tomorrow so make sure all your camera stuff is ready."

It was exhausting always going along with what Jiwon wanted, and never feeling like an equal to her. Rei was getting pretty fed up having to agree with what she thought was the worst decision. "I'm a member of I've got the gossip too, why don't you ever listen to me?"

Jiwon's eyes widen in offense. "I'm not some dictator! You get to have your say too!"

"Yeah, but you brush off all of my ideas. Can't you give them a chan-"

"It really feels like you're trying to ruin our first paid job!"

This was the moment when Rei knew to quit. Jiwon was only going to hear what she wanted, so there was no point wasting her breath. 

____

Little update: I'm going to take a week off from uploading chapters. I want to organize where the story's going from here and get some more pre written chapters ready [I'm currently caught up with my pre written chapters].

Want to thank you all for the support again! I'll see you in a week :)