[Chapter 36]

As the morning rolled around, all seemed quiet at first. Dahyun didn't pull anyone away or dish out any punishments, she simply told the group to eat their breakfast with no further instructions. It was like she was trying to lull them into a false sense of security, but no one was buying it. Lets just say that when Dahyun showed up with a bunch of cleaning supplies, not a single person was surprised.

"Do people not know how to get food in their mouths?" Jay grumbles, scooping up another load of scrambled eggs off the floor. 

"You'd think our class is full of a bunch of five year olds." Heeseung chuckles, scrubbing away at the floor beside him. He dips his sponge back into the bucket of soapy water, taking a glance around at his cleaning buddies. "How did Wonyoung and Riki manage to get out of this one?"

Jay rolls his eyes. He didn't really care that the two got off scot free, he just wished he hadn't got caught...and on the topic of getting caught. "Did you see Hyeongjun this morning?"

"I did actually, he's my roommate." Heeseung drags his sponge along the floor, only looking up to check Jay's expression, and just like he was expecting, the boy looked furious. "I told him to stay well away from you."

"So that's why I couldn't find him at breakfast, he must have been hiding." Jay scoffs, angrily throwing a half eaten sausage into his bin bag. 

"How about you leave the poor kid alone? You've got more important things to worry about."

"Yeah, that's if I don't get sent home."

A spritz of lemon scented disinfectant landed on the dirty glass. Sunoo actually found it quite satisfying to wipe away the finger prints with his little pink cloth. Who knew cleaning was this fun?

"Rei, what have you been filming this week?" Sunoo asks out of curiosity, making conversation as he wipes at the window. He had been wondering this ever since Jiwon asked for an interview. 

He hears the spritz of disinfectant before she answers. "It's just a video of the trip for the schools website." There was a hint of disappointment in her voice.

Sunoo pauses his wiping and turns to Rei. "You don't sound too excited about it."

"I was originally, but it's made me realize that Jiwon doesn't actually respect my ideas." Rei lets out a sigh, arms dropping to her sides for a moment, she stares at her reflection in the glass. "What am I without I've got the gossip?"

"A lot of amazing things." Sunoo nudges her with a bright smile. "You're great at directions, you're good with a camera, and look-" He points to the window. "You're now a master window cleaner." Rei seemed to cheer up a little as the two broke out in giggles. "It shouldn't be 'what am I without I've got the gossip?' You should be asking 'what is I've got the gossip without me?' Because you're a major part of it Rei, and Jiwon needs reminding of that."

No wonder everyone liked Sunoo so much, it was refreshing to be around someone so sweet. "Thanks, I needed to hear that." She smiles shyly, covering her reflection with a spritz of disinfectant. 

Another wave of water comes crashing over the sinks edge, dowsing the dark tiles in a layer of dirty suds. "Oh my god Jake..." Sunghoon smacks his forehead. This was about the third time Jake had done that in the last 10 minutes. "Let me wash the dishes." He demands, handing the drying towel to Jake.

The boy awkwardly accepts it, wincing at the mess he had made. It was only an accident. He quickly picks up a plate and starts drying.

The process became a lot smoother now Sunghoon had taken over, and the two began to make conversation while they cleaned.

"Have you and Heeseung kissed yet?"

Jake nearly chokes, racing to answer no, but only incoherent mumbles come out. He gives up and sighs, shaking his head.

The blonde laughs, knowing he was going to get that reaction. "Well don't wait too long." He places his hands down on the sinks edge, and leans over to Jake with a smirk. "You've got a lot of competition."

"Stop messing with me." Jake shoves him back and huffs. He goes back to drying the dishes, hearing Sunghoon still laughing about it.

"Okay I'm sorry." As much as Sunghoon liked to tease Jake, he knew what the boy was like. Unless he cleared this up, the boy would probably start to over think his comments, and make a mess with Heeseung. "It's been like three days, there's no rush."

"But what if I want to kiss him?" Jake blurts out, immediately becoming shy, and hiding his face in his hands. "Forget I said that." He mutters frantically.

Sunghoon's eyes widen. It takes a second for him to process what Jake said, but when he does, he starts to smile. "Then go for it."

____

"Jay."

The ravenette stops cleaning, and looks over at his principle. The woman nods her head to the right, signalling for him to come over. So he takes off his gloves, and carelessly throws them down, hastily walking over to her.

"There's a bus waiting to take you home, please go pack your stuff."

It's as if in that moment, his heart dropped to the bottom of his stomach. "Seriously? I'm sorry for what I did, can't I stay? There's only one more night." He pleads desperately.

"I don't want to do this, but you've given me no choice. This is the second rule you've broken. I'm sending you home, and you'll be punished further at school on Monday." Principle Im states firmly, however deep down, it seemed like she didn't want to be doing this. "Now once all your stuff is packed, head straight to the bus, if I hear you've gone anywhere else, you'll be in even deeper trouble. Do you understand?"

The only thing he could do was nod. It was his fault he was in this situation, so he had to accept the consequences. With no more hesitation, he leaves the dinning hall, passing Mrs Son on the way out.

"Principle Im." Chaeyoung catches the woman's attention. "Can I borrow Sunoo for a bit? It's urgent."

"Of course." Nayeon agrees, looking around for the boy. She spots him hoisting up Rei, presumably to reach the top parts of the window. "Sunoo, come here please."

The boy appeared a little confused as he put down Rei, quickly rushing over to his principle. She refers him to Mrs Son, who was waiting for him outside. 

"What's going on?" Sunoo asks eagerly, hearing that the matter was urgent from Principle Im.

"I need a favor from you."