[Chapter 9]

After allowing the students time to settle in [Most of them at least], the second activity of the retreat was announced. The kids were separated into their homeroom classes and sent on hikes through different areas of the woods. Everyone was surprised with how tame the activity actually was, considering what they had been put through this morning. They did end up spending a good couple hours out in the wilderness though, and had to listen to Dahyun's speech about the importance of connecting with nature, which lasted way longer than it needed to. 

Now their ears were filled with the sound of meaningless chatter and clashing cutlery. Who knew trekking through the woods for a few hours would build such an appetite? Well TFW Retreats apparently, but who's surprised? They had dinner prepared for everyone as soon as they got back, sending the students to the communal dinning hall to enjoy the hot food. 

"I swear this place wants me dead." Yujin mutters, a layer of disgust to her voice as she carelessly prods the food on her plate.

Gaeul lets out a laugh of disbelief. "You can't expect five star dinning here. Plus It's literally beef, potatoes and veg, I don't know why you're complaining."

"Because I can." Yujin snickers, continuing to mess with her food. Gaeul watches from the corner of her eye, trying to ignore how the action riles her up, but it didn't take long for her to snap. She grabs Yujin's hand and places it to the side of her plate, trapping it under her own.

 "You don't have to eat it, but please stop playing with it, it's driving me crazy."

"Fine." Yujin scoffs, snatching back her hand. Though she can't ignore that feeling of guilt, and decides to drop her ego for just a moment. "Sorry, I know it's like your biggest pet peeve."

"You remember?" Gaeul replies in shock, which Yujin simply nods to. The girl bites her lip and looks away, but can't hide the wide smile creeping onto her face.

"What are you smiling about-"

"Hmmmmmmmmm! Stop talking about this meaningless crap!"

Both girls freeze and turn to each other, equally confused about Wonyoung's outburst. The girl really wasn't the type to get angry like that. 

Gaeul slowly veers her gaze to the ravenette across the table. "What's up with you?" She asks cautiously.

"What's up with me?! Can't you see!" She raises her voice while slamming her fists down on the table. "Look at my hair!" 

Despite looking better than the majority of her peers, Wonyoung couldn't acknowledge that right now. Her usual perfectly styled dark locks had been blown around by the strong winds on the hike, leaving her with a slight wave to her hair and some baby hairs out of place. Nothing any normal person would care about, but for Jang Wonyoung, this was the end of the world.

"It's really not that bad." Gaeul tries to comfort her. She didn't see any issue with how Wonyoung's hair looked, but she knew her friend overreacted about things like this.

"Don't lie to me! I look like I've been dragged through a hedge backwards!" Wonyoung's anger soon switched into depression, as her lips became pouty and she dropped her head onto the table. "How am I going to survive a week without my hair straighteners?!" 

Yujin seemed completely unphased by Wonyoung's dramatics. "You know I want to style my hair too, but you don't see me crying about-"

"Yujin!" Gaeul cuts her off, but it was already too late.

A series of whimpers and/or weeping noises escape Wonyoung, as she begins to lightly bang her head against the table. Immediately Gaeul gets up and leans across the table, slipping her hand under Wonyoung's head, so she wouldn't hurt herself.

With annoyance prevalent on her face, Gaeul turns back to Yujin. "Can you not go five minutes without saying a snarky comment? You know what she's like." She whispers the last part.

Yujin scoffs and rolls her eyes. "You all blame me for everything, it's not my fault she's over dramatic."

"I'm not over dramatic you're just insensitive!" Wonyoung snaps, jumping out of her seat. "I'm going to find Sunoo, or Jake, or whoever else is actually nice to me!" She declares before storming off.

____

With a tray of hot food in his hands, Jake peers around the dinning hall, looking for a place to sit. "Oh Sunghoon's over there." He points to the blondes table.

Sunoo's eyes linger in that direction for a moment. "Maybe we could sit somewhere else..."

"Why?" Jake asks almost instantly. "Is something going on between you two?"

"No!" Sunoo answers with no hesitation, but Jake still narrows his eyes in suspicion. "I promise nothings going on, just ignore me." To stop anymore questions, he heads straight over to Sunghoon's table.

The blonde can't hold back his smile once he see's Sunoo coming over. "Hey, how was your hike?"

"Interesting." He giggles, pulling out the seat across from Sunghoon and sits down.

"What happened?"

A tray slams onto the table. "Oh my aunt only majorly embarrassed herself." Jake states, appearing mortified as he slumps down beside Sunoo. "Nishimura Riki dared her to climb this mini waterfall we found, and I think you can guess what happened."

A laugh slips from Sunghoon's lips, as he nods his head towards the teachers table. "Explains why shes wet."

Jake glances over to his aunt, instantly wincing and turning back. "Why did she have to come? She's so embarrassing."

"At least no one knows she's your aunt." 

"Yo Jakester!" Riki calls from the next table over, and Jake could only guess this was the new way Riki was going to call him from now on. "Your aunt was so funny earlier! Can't wait to see what other dumb shit she does this week!"

That would have probably stung more if he hadn't already heard his aunt telling his whole homeroom class they were related before they went on the hike. There was no more hiding it. He could only hope that his nobody status would come in favor here, since anyone who mentioned 'Jake's aunt' would probably not even know who they were talking about.

____

Double upload!