Part 56

We were on our way to Bobby but decided to make a quick stop and get a few hours of sleep. Dean booked the room, and I didn't comment on the fact that the room only had two beds. I was making it clear that one of them was mine. I fell into bed, exhausted. 

A streak of light flowed in through the curtains, illuminating Dean, who was nursing a beer by the table. Sam fell asleep as soon as his head hit the pillow, but I stayed awake, listening to Dean's steady breathing and trying to force my body to relax. My mind felt like it was barely working, and my eyes drooped shut, but I still didn't sleep. 

It took a long time before I felt the bed beside me dip. I forced my eyes open, finding Dean's green eyes looking at me from the pillow next to me. There was a silent pleading in his eyes, and I held his gaze. Moments ticked by without anyone saying a word. His necklace hung down on the bed as his shoulder pressed into the mattress. His messy hair poked in all directions like he had run his hand through it many times. 

In a slow movement, he leaned forward, brushing his lips against mine tentatively, offering me the opportunity to reject him. I stayed still. Goosebumps spread all over my body. He tenderly fitted his lips against mine before moving back to look into my eyes again. "I love you," he whispered. 

I let my hand travel to his face, running my thumb over his plump bottom lip. A lip that had worshiped every inch of my body. A lip that had then kissed someone else. His breath caught, and I saw hope ignite in his eyes. He grabbed my hand and kissed my fingers.

I let out a shaky breath and sat up, trying to ignore any and all emotions that Dean Winchester awoke inside me.

"Where are you going?"

I didn't answer, just grabbed one of the pillows and a blanket and laid down on the couch. 

"I'll take the couch," he offered, but I had already turned my back on him.

I figured I had only slept a few hours by the time a ringtone awoke me. "Make it stop," I mumbled into the couch cushions.

"That's yours," Sam grunted back from his bed.

With a few silent curses, I got to my feet, following the sound, and fished out my phone from my jacket pocket. "Hello?"

"Willow." The voice on the other end of the line sounded winded and panicked, but it was a voice I'd recognize anywhere. 

"Liam, what's wrong?" I was suddenly wide awake, getting dressed. I heard a gunshot go off in the background, close to the speaker. "Liam?!"

"I fucked up."

"What do you mean? Where are you?"

He grunted as if in pain and drew a ragged breath. 

"Are you hurt?" I could hear the panic slip into my voice. "Liam, where are you?"

"Drive north. I–" the line went silent for a moment, and I had to check to ensure the call hadn't dropped. "I need your help, Lo."

"We're coming. Liam?! Can you hear me? The boys and I are on the way." 

"No."

I stopped at the word, glancing over at Sam and Dean, who both had bounced off their beds and packed up. "No?" I repeated to make sure I heard him right. 

"No, don't bring them. The fewer people involved, the better– And I want us to work together like we used to. I have found something. I..." there was more static on the line. "Will... Under... tried to sell..."