Part 48

The darkness slowly fell over the small Wyoming cemetery when we arrived. At the end of the cemetery, with its back to the forest, there was a large crypt. I walked up to it and studied the doors adorned with a complex locking mechanism made from iron and lined with gold in the symbol of a devil's trap and old-school symbols.

"What is it?" Dean asked as I let my finger trace the round keyhole.

"I don't know," I mumbled. I brought the tip of my finger to my lips and tasted the salt from the keyhole. "There's some heavy magic on this lock."

"You can... taste that?" Dean asked skeptically.

I gave him a look. "It doesn't matter what's inside," I said, turning to address the entire group. "The only thing that matters is that it stays locked up. Samuel Colt wouldn't go through these lengths if it wasn't important."

"What do you think it is?" Sam asked, eyeing the crypt.

"I've got a few options. None of them are good."

"Okay, so how do we do this?" Ellen asked, making the Winchesters exchange looks.

---

It was pitch black once the dark figure appeared. We had all taken out positions, and I watched from behind a headstone as Jake made his way through the graves, eyes on the entrance to the crypt.

"Howdy, Jake," Sam said before Jake could reach the structure. We all stepped out from our hiding spots.

I smirked confidently at him, aiming at his head.

"Wait..." Jake stared at Sam in shock. "You were dead. I killed you."

"Yeah?" Sam shot back. "Well, next time, finish the job."

I hid a wince and glanced over at Dean.

"I did!" Jake growled. "I cut clean through your spinal cord, man." I didn't miss Sam's questioning glance at his brother. "You can't be alive. You can't be." Jake's eyes were wide, a telltale sign that he was scared. It didn't seem to matter, though, because he was more afraid of the thing that sent him here.

"Okay, just take it real easy there, son," Bobby advised.

"And if I don't?" Jake challenged.

"Wait and see," Sam suggested.

"What, you a tough guy all of a sudden? What are you gonna do— kill me?"

"It's a thought," Sam told him, and even though the coldness in his voice gave me chills, I smirked. Jake's eyes drifted to me for a second.

"You had your chance. You couldn't," Jake stated, glancing back at Sam. He calmed down with each passing second. The fear in his eyes subsided to cold determination.

"I won't make that mistake twice," the younger Winchester promised.

"And this time, he brought back up," I added.

Jake began to laugh.

"What are you smiling at, you little bitch?" Dean asked, not taking his eyes off the other male.

Jake quickly looked around our group, and then his eyes found Ellen. "Hey Lady, do me a favor," he said. "Put that gun to your head."

Ellen's eyes grew wide. With hands shaking in an effort not to follow the command, she raised the gun to her temple.

"Stop it!" I snarled, knowing exactly how horrible it was to not be in control of one's actions. I had been in the same situation as her once, and Dean had saved me.