27 | Confused

Aliyia

The fact that my mom and Zayden's mom know each other lingers in my mind. Zayden and I never introduced them to each other so how come they act as if they were best friends?

I'm seated in the passenger seat beside Zayden. Tate, Lukas, and Aurora were seated in the back. So far, Aurora has gotten along with us. Probably because she's closer in age to us.

Of course, I love Summer, but she's newly thirteen and the rest of us are turning seventeen and eighteen. That starts lingering in my mind too. Zayden's eighteenth birthday is in less than a month on January 15th.

Zayden pulls up in the driveway of the beach house. A couple of seconds later an Uber appears. Then a second one, then a third. Everyone is here.

The adults greet each other for what feels like hours and leave us kids to carry their stuff inside. Zayden sighs and wipes imaginary sweat off his forehead. "Can't believe they're chatting for so long that they make us carry their bags" fact.

The fact that Zayden's mom and my mom know each other won't leave my head. I also have a suspicion that Zayden is lying about knowing that they knew each other. But then again, why would he lie to me?

I don't think he's ever lied to me and I appreciate that. I love when he's honest.

"Yeah, man" Lukas agrees, plopping down on the couch. Soon after, the adults pile into the house, meeting us in the living room.

My mom immediately comes my way, her attention on Zayden. "Oh Zayden, you've grown so much these past years" what? What does she mean by that?

Zayden's face turned pale and his chest started moving faster. Why is he reacting like that? He doesn't look like he's gonna speak up anytime soon so I say something instead. "What do you mean, mom? How do you know him?"

My mom looks at me like I'm stupid and tilts her head. "Aliyia, dear, how do you not know? Zayden was-" she was cut off by Zayden before she could finish. "We have a surprise for you guys, we need everyone to get dressed in their fanciest outfits they brought."

His pale skin started to fade lightly. What is going on? My mom was completely lost in everything she was about to say because she ignored everything that was going on before. "Oh that's wonderful," she says, turning away to her bag.

What the actual fuck? So she just forgot about everything? She was about to tell me something about Zayden. What did she mean by he's grown up? This is all so confusing.

A thought lights up in my mind but immediately goes away. No way, that's impossible.

Is it?

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

An hour later I'm staring at myself in the mirror in my room. My outfit was just a brown long-sleeved dress that hugged my body perfectly.

I definitely didn't wear the fanciest outfit I had but half the time I was supposed to use to get ready was spent thinking about a million possibilities on how my mom is familiar with Zayden.

As I was applying my mascara there was a knock on my door. "Come in!" I shout, continuing to gently apply the mascara to my lashes. The door opens and I can see Zayden through my mirror reflection, standing in a black suit. "Hi," I say, looking away to finish my mascara.

"Hi," he says back, leaning against the doorway with his hands in his pockets. When I'm done with my mascara I set it back in the makeup bag and turn to look at Zayden who's still standing in the doorway with his hands in his pockets.

His eyes scan my frame, shimmering light in his eyes. "So? How do I look?" I ask, twirling around with a big smile plastered on my face.

Zayden's lips curl up into a smile and he looks me in his eyes. I don't know why he always looks in my eyes. And I don't know why I always like it when he looks at my eyes like that.

"You look beautiful, Ali" fuck, why does he have to say it like that? I turn my head around to avoid facing him with my picking-up heartbeat. I can hear him step closer to me until we are just a few inches away.

His eyes go from my eyes, to lips, and back to my eyes. I want to look away, but I can't. I just stare back at him, with glimmering eyes.

Luckily, he looks away first, a wide grin on his face and lit up cheeks. Was he flustered or something? "You have something on your face," he tells me, looking back at me but this time at my cheek then back to my eyes.

Zayden uses his thumb to wipe something off my cheek, never breaking eye contact with me. He rubs his fingers together in an attempt to get whatever was on my cheek off. "All good, are you ready?" He asks me.

I was too lost in his eyes to answer. "Ali?" He calls out to me, shifting slightly. That gets my attention. "Oh, yeah sorry." How embarrassing.

"Well then." He clears his throat and lifts his arms. "Shall we?" I look up at his arms that are just waiting for me to link with him. A smile crawls up on my face as I link with him.

"We shall."

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Authors Note

I love them sm and they are my characters bro😭 anyways prepare yourselves guys, the next few chapters are... well that's a spoiler so just read and see ;)

Here's Ali's dressss