02 | New York

Aliyia

Aliyia

It's almost time to say a final goodbye. I'm not trying to be too dramatic about this but I am certainly emotionally attached to this place. I mean I was born here.

It's currently 2:20 PM and my parents are double checking everything. Aurora is hugging her bedroom floor. Literally.

My phone starts to go off with texts from a few of my friends here. A lot of them saying they'll miss me, have a safe flight, not to forget them, and to visit soon. Leaving all these people makes me have a fever.

New York Central High is the high school I'm transferring to. Apparently it's really big and it has a whole ass hockey rink.

I plan to join their volleyball team since it's gonna start next week. Volleyball is one of the things I love a lot. I've been playing volleyball since sixth grade.

"Aliyia its time to go, we don't want to miss our flight!" I hear my mom shout from downstairs.

Miss our flight? It's 2 AM and our flight is at 6:30.

I take one last look at my childhood room before closing the door and walking downstairs. Everyone was practically in tears.

When all our carryons and suitcases were packed in the car, I took one last look at my house while my dad drove away tears fighting their way out.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

The airport was surprisingly packed. It's only 3am and there's a lot of people here. Maybe everyone is leaving their childhood home.

We've been at the airport for 2 hours and a half. Our flight is in 20 minutes. My dad bought subway for us all to eat. Subway for breakfast, yum.

15 minutes later, they start letting people board 5 minutes early. I greet the flight attendants as I'm boarding the plane, and immediately go straight to my seat.

I fought my way for the window seat. I hate and love the window seat.

One good thing about it is you get to watch sunrises and just the sky in general.

One bad thing about it is if you have to use the washroom or something, you have to push your way through the people beside you.

Once I had to sit with two strangers who were both old and deep asleep. Both their feet were blocking my way so I almost tripped on them, trying to get out.

When everyone was settled, the plane finally began to move.

As we lifted up in the air, I could see the entire city with one glance.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎

One stop and seven hours later, we finally arrive in New York City.

From what I saw in the air, it was very beautiful. I'm sure it would look better at night.

The airport was once again packed with people getting ready to board a plane or people exiting a plane.

I'm standing near the baggage conveyor belt while my family is scattered somewhere in the airport.

People were pushing through the crowd trying to get their luggage and everything. All I could hear was people shouting at each other.

Once I finally see our luggage, I struggle to get all of the bags. I don't understand why they're making me get all of the bags.

I meet up with them where we planned to meet up and listen in to their conversation.

My parents and Auroras vehicles don't arrive until Wednesday. It's currently Sunday meaning I have to either take a bus, call an Uber, or walk to my school until then.

I have my learners so I can take the driving test in a few months.

Our Uber arrives about 20 minutes later, and takes us to our new home.

❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎❤︎︎
Authors Note

Short chapter. I am so sorry this chapter is so bad and I feel like I dragged it on too much. I promise it will hopefully get better and maybe more interesting 🧍🏾‍♀️

Also Aliyia Meets Zayden next chapter 🙈 also I know the hockey rink at a highschool in New York is not that realistic, that's why it's all fake🤷🏾‍♀️ use your imagination 🤗

Hope you enjoyed this boring ass chapter tho!