18- Surfaced

Kaminari pov~

They know.

That was the only thought floating inside my brain.

They know.

They know.

They know.

I squeezed my eyes shut and put my head on the table, trying to look as unsuspecting as possible.

They know.

My heart rate was speeding up.

They know.

Both Aizawa and Mic had been throwing worried and sympathetic looks and me all day, they though I hadn't noticed, but I had. And it had been sending my anxiety up through the roof all day. I hadn't let it show though, only being a smidgen quieter than usual. But of cause, Hitoshi noticed, right before our registration he dragged me over to a corner and asked if I was ok. Of cause I said I was fine but I don't think it convinced him, I mean he c-

Suddenly a pair of arms sneaked round my torso and lifted me right out of the chair. I screeched and sent out a zap of electricity, shocking the person enough so they dropped me. I landed on my feet and span round, facing a very pissed of Bakugou.

I silently cursed myself and awkwardly chuckled, knowing I had the entire classes attention, including Mic, Aizawa and Hawks who had recently appeared, 

"Ermmm.... opps?" I squeaked out. Bakugou was practically red with anger,

"You. Are. So. Dead." He quietly muttered, but that was enough for me,

"No thank you!" I screeched as I sprinted from the classroom, hearing his footsteps behind me; however I was incredibly fast due to training and my quirk so I was easily outpacing him.

It was currently homeroom time as the lessons had ended, so we could go back to our dorms but everyone tended to hang out in the classroom for an hour afterwards. So I won't get told off for this!

I round the corner and quickly hid behind a pillar, holding my hand to my mouth in order to stay as quiet as possible. After what seemed like an eternity, Bakugou rounded the corner, still screeching his head off, but he didn't see me and carried on to the dorms.

I let out a shaky breath and wait a few moments before walking back in the direction I came from, however I didn't go back to class. No I went to the rooftop.

I'm not sure why I decided to come here, but I did.

I quickly sat on the end of the wall, having done this multiple times, with my back pressed against the wall to my right, so I was sideways facing the edge, having to turn my head to look out and swinging one of my legs over the edge whilst the other was brought up near my chest.

For some reason this calmed me.

In light of everything that's now come to the surface, I'm not sure if anyone would be concerned or not.

I mean if they knew the truth they would be.

So I am praying that the teachers don't find me up here, I don't want them to find out how shitty my mind really is.

So for now I'm just sat here.

Staring blankly into the decent view the school rooftop had to offer.

Contemplating life.

That's all we really do now a-days isn't it?

Yeah, that's what everyone does.

Aizawa pov~

After finding out about Kaminari's past, both me and Hizashi had been paying extremely close attention to him, unfortunately I think he could tell.

Histoshi said he had a panic attack today as well, and that his anxiety had been extremely high all day. The panic attack had been during lunch, so he hadn't eaten all day, I had offered for him to miss a few minutes of lesson if he wanted to eat, but my student just said that he wasn't hungry.

Honestly the more I learn about this kid the more concerned I get.

Kaminari had just dashed out of the door at jaw dropping speed with Bakugou chasing after him when I decided to console my husband on what we should do. I stood up and spoke to the class,

"Alright you problem children, I'm going to go so do what you want, Hawks is here for a life or death situation. Be back in the dorm by 8 latest!!" I scolded, Iida nodded and started yelling at the rest of the class but I just sluggishly drifted out of the classroom, Hizashi hot on my heels, but with a bit more energy.

I stopped once we got to my office, closing the door a bit to hard and sitting down, head in my hands. Hizashi immediately sat next to me and rubbed circles on my back, I was rarely the one to need comforting,

"What are we going to do with him Zashi? He clearly has a lot of unresolved trauma, a whole spew of mental health issues, no real home other than the dorms and no family. I feel like I've failed as a teacher." I ranted, sighing before lifting my head to look over at my husband, who had now taken out his hair and let it fall in golden curls down his neck and shoulders.

He thought for a second before his eyes tentively lit up, 

"What is it." I narrowed my eyes, that look meant that he had an idea but was unsure as to whether I would agree,

"He has no home or family right? And hes under 18." Hizashi began slowly,

"Yessss, that was stated before." I asked suspiciously

"Well..." He stopped again,'

"Just spit it out Zashi." I hissed, but honestly I think I already knew the answer,

"Well that means he's open to adoption, and so are we."