LX. Sad Truth

Chapter 60, Sad Truth
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" You're daughter saved me, you ought to be proud of her for giving her last chance to me. I know I'll forever be grateful for her. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

"Hey Natalie.."

Javon said softly as he walked over to me, the moments of the night where I had the accident came.
I couldn't look at him, all I saw was betrayal.

I looked at Jaden and Dani instead, they both looked angry at the boy but chose to not say anything.
All of the things I went through were going to leave messed up memories when I left the hospital, I looked at the door and it revealed Elizabeth's parents.

"What did you know about our daughter?"

Her mother asked softly, she had bloodshot eyes and her voice was hoarse.
I got up from the bed and took her hand in mine, I smiled at her with tears shining in my eyes.

"I met her on the way to heaven, we both did our best to get back to Earth."

I realized how crazy that sounded but her parents didn't seem to care, her mother nodded slowly and wiped away my tears.

"When I arrived late, I was already dead and couldn't get back to the living."

Her father began to cry a bit, I took a deep breath.
I looked at my family and friends as they looked at me confused, I didn't want to be sent to a mental hospital but I wanted the truth out.

" You're daughter saved me, you ought to be proud of her for giving her last chance to me. I know I'll forever be grateful. "

I quietly said, her parents engulfed me into a hug and they thanked me a million times.
We pulled away and her mother looked at me, I was confused.

She pulled a dandelion from my hair and smiled at me, I took a Shakey breath and looked at her.

"Dandelions were her favorite, so were flower crowns."

Her mother said as she held onto the dandelion like it was her last breath, it broke my heart if I was being honest.

"Elizabeth was found in her room, she was strangled to death by a fellow classmate."

My eyes widened, that explained the strangulation mark around her neck when I had saw her lying in the field.
She would have been really lucky if she were to keep her second chance at life.

I hugged her parents once more before they left my room, I went back to my bed and ignored everything everyone said to me.
The doctor walked in with a smile, I felt exhausted once more.

"Good news, you're able to go home in two weeks tops. Your results came back and you passed with flying colors."

I nodded slowly, the doctor said a couple of more things but I ignored it.
My eyes felt heavy and I relaxed in bed, I allowed my body to calm down and fall asleep slowly.

Everything was so much for me, I wanted to be home already.
I needed to be home already, everything felt different to me.

I questioned my existence, I wanted to know what would have been the alternative ending if Elizabeth didn't give me her chance at life.
I know I would have been the one dead but I wanted her to live, she had a family too.

I woke up an hour later, Danielle, Jaden, Javon and now Coco was there.
I wasn't as bad as I was the last time she was here, so I knew if she were to try something dumb I could roundhouse her face.

"Good, you're awake."

Javon said with a smile, I noticed he had braces.
I spent half of my time around this kid and never once realized he had braces, I was focused on how much I wanted him to love me to even notice.

I nodded slowly and took a deep breath, I didn't want to look at him at all.
Throughout my whole life, I had been happy and it felt like I was hit with a bus when I started being sad.

This was what I needed, I needed to experience pain and I needed to get myself to realize any other emotion other than happiness is acceptable.
I taught myself not to care during my time here.

"Why are you even here?"

I asked coldly, I didn't want either of the two here.
They needed to leave, I wanted them out of my house.

"I was a jerk, I didn't visit you throughout the whole process."

"So you come and bring your Barbie doll to visit me when I'm finally better? Do you know how dumb you sound right now?"

I already told you I stopped caring about what people thought, it was time for me to speak my mind.
Even if it hurt their feelings, Javon looked upset but tried covering it up.

"It sounds wrong but-"

"Hell yeah it sounds wrong, we were close and now we aren't. You think you can bat your eyelashes and tell me a fake apology, I'm not forgiving you as easy."

I interrupted him, he stood silent and nodded slowly.
I watched as the two left my room, I didn't bother stopping them or calling them to say sorry.

When he matures and finally accepts it's his fault then we can chat, when she can apologize for how dirty she did me then we can chat.
But now, I wanted them out of my life.