VI. Sister Bonding Time

Chapter 6, Sister Bonding Time
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Maybe I can take you to a gymnasium and I can see you in action. "

~Natalie's James's POV ~

"Did you pick a recipe from your cookbook?"

I asked as I walked into Ainsley's room, she was fixing her hair into space buns.
She looked up at me and grabbed her special cookbook, I always found her reading the recipes but I've never questioned it.

"Yeah, tonight we eat cultured. Tonight we make Korean fried chicken and ramen, it'll only take a few hours and I promise it'll taste amazing."

Ainsley looked happy as she grabbed my hand and walked downstairs with me, everyone was in the living room watching HBO's original Euphoria.
We walked into the kitchen and took out all the ingredients we need to cook, we were having a good time too.

"I really love gymnastics, mom agreed to let me join a team when we start school."

I smiled at her, she seemed really passionate about it so I decided to continue speaking about it.

"That's amazing, I heard there's a science fair in town. I'm hoping you're up for."

I swear her eyes lit up so fast, she smiled so bright and hugged me.
She squealed, jumping up and down before she went back to season our dinner.

"Oh my, are you joking?"

I shook my head, she continued to cook and season our food for some hour before I was time to serve it.
She seemed so happy about it, that made me glad.

"Dinner's ready, Vamos!"

Dani shouted as she noticed us set everyone's plate where they normally sit, I grabbed each glass and placed it beside the plates, everyone had ramen and Korean chicken.
It smelled delicious, may God bless Ainsley's heavenly cookbook.

Ainsley had told me that good like this deserved either lemonade or soda, water would clash with the fireworks of amazing taste in your mouth.
Everyone sat down at the table and we began our normal family talk, no phones, no devices, just undivided attention.

"Did you know I was part Dominican, Mexican and American? I'm cultured!"

Dani said as she took a sip from her soda, we had taken a bite of the food altogether only to be surprised at how amazing it was.
We all were amazingly cultured, I was African American with Puerto Rican and some french in me.

Garrett was taiwanese, American and also Korean like Ainsley.
We were all diverse, not sure if mom meant that but she loved us as if we were her own so we never cared.

"Ainsley, if mom lets me and you agree, would you like to sign up for the science fair?"

I asked as I took a bite out of chicken, downing some soda with it before taking a spoonful of ramen.
I was in food heaven, it was unbelievable how a cookbook could teach you so much.

"Well if it gets Ainsley out the house and actually conversing with others her age or mind age then I'm all for it."

Mom had gave me the green light but that was a yellow light compared to Ainsley's green light, it had to really make her want it.
Her excitement in the kitchen is because I told her I could sign her up but now that she knows others around her age or mind age would try to be her friend or throw her off of her game, she's possibly not up for it.

"Well if mama gave the green light, let's do it. I think it's time I gave some people a chance anyways."

We all smiled at one another and continued to eat, I added my dish into the sink and went upstairs.
I laid in bed, scrolling through Instagram not like anything was going to be enough to entertain me.

Soon there was a knock on my door, I waited a moment to see if it was in my head before I said come in.
But nope, there was another knock.

"Come in, it's not like I put a sign up that said do not disturb or anything."

I sighed heavily as the door opened revealing my brother, Garrett.
He's always in my room to bother me or to hang out, either way it's ending annoyingly or happily.

"Wanna come to the gym with me on Tuesday?"

I check my phone and noticed it was Friday, I hated working out when I didn't have inspiration but if he wants sibling time then I'll give it to him.
Doesn't mean I'm going to be nice about it, we better not wake up early like he usually does.

"Sure, I'll make my gym bag right now."

He nodded and turned around to leave my room, he turned around and hugged me gently.
I didn't know that was something I needed but I'm glad he did it for me, because I'd never ask for it.

"I love you NJ, you're important. I'll see you in the morning or later if we're up and in the mood for 7/11."

I nodded slowly and walked to my closet to grab my Nike blue dufflebag, I filled it with extra hair ties, back clothes because I shower at the gym and extra emergency money for when we decide to go eat out.
I wish I didn't accept it but I can't pass up family time, Garrett had always made me happy so this couldn't hurt.

Besides what's the worse that could happen?
I sprain my ankle and get sent to the ER.

But what's the best that could happen?
I meet an insanely cute boy and fall head over heels, which doesn't happen regularly.

I don't have crushes unless I know them personally and they seem like a great person but who knows what the universe has in store for me?