XXV. Music to Their Ears

Chapter 25, Music to Their Ears
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" If they ever have trouble sleeping, play this song. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

"You're not serious!"

I was on the phone with Javon, he was telling me about how there's two more characters added in Euphoria.
He believes that it's fit for me and Garrett but I'm not so sure, I've never acted once in my life.

"NJ, come on!"

He pleaded, I was actually starting to consider it.
I mean it sounds good and if it gives me something to do everyday then I might try it.

I was watching Criminal Minds with Milo, he seemed interested until he fell asleep.
I kissed his forehead and lowered the volume.

"What are the characters names?"

I asked as I pulled out my notebook, I've been writing in it for a while.
It was my autobiography, I made sure to document everything.

"Maeve Jackson and Drew Jackson, I haven't got their information but it'll be good if you and Garrett audition!"

I bit my lip in wonder, is this what I truly wanted?
I love the show and the characters but I don't think I'm fit for this type of thing as well as I'm not an actress, Garrett is.

I took a deep breath, closing my notebook and placing it under the mattress.
After a whole two minutes of silence, I sighed and gave in.

"Sure why not, when's the audition?"

I asked politely, maybe this would be a good idea and it gives me something to do with my time.

"Next week on Friday, at 10:30 AM sharp."

I took my notebook again and wrote down the time and date.
We continued speaking about the audition and then soon moved onto different things, like boxing, cooking and everything we loved.

Soon we hung up and I went to Garrett's room, knocking gently on the door in case he was asleep or on call with Valentino.
I heard a faint come in, so I walked in.

"Hey, Javon got us auditions to Euphoria."

Garrett's eyes lit up, he was on face time with Valentino.
He got up and hugged me tightly while thanking me over and over, I hugged him back and just laughed.
I waved at Valentino and smiled, we finally pulled away and sat down on his bed.

"Hey Val, did you enjoy your time?"

I greeted with a smile, he was in the kitchen now.
He began to make some lunch.

"I did, your friends are pretty cool."

He answered, Garrett was just staring at him in awe.

After some hours, I left Garrett's room and went to go spend time with the twins.
I walked into their room where I found Ainsley holding Mila, feeding her and small talking.

"Hey Ains."

I grabbed Mila, she had her eyes open and a small smile plastered on her face.
I sat beside Ainsley and rubbed Mila's arm.

"She's struggling to fall asleep, I've tried everything."

I gave Ainsley Milo, she sighed as she finished her sentence.

Ainsley admitted as she burped Milo, I looked at the twins and smiled.

"I think I've got something that'll make them fall asleep."

Ainsley looked at me and nodded slowly, I was trying to figure out how I'd start without scaring them.

I began to hum the melody softly, this was my favorite song to sleep to since it was so calming and nostalgic.

"I've never felt so alone, felt so alone-na-na."

Although it was just that lyric repeating, it gave me good dreams and always calmed my nerves.
It also reminded me of home, everything about it gave me life.

"I've never felt so alone, felt so alone-na-na."

I continued singing the lyric softly, rubbing Mila's back every once in a while.
I looked at Ainsley who smiled at me as Milo began to drift off to sleep.

"Sing with me."

Ainsley nodded and sighed.

"And I've never felt so alone, felt so alone-na-na."

"I've never felt so alone, felt so alone-na-na."

With that the twins fell asleep, I placed Mila into her crib and grabbed the small speaker that was used to play lullabies and played I've never felt so alone by Labrinth.
Ainsley placed Milo in his crib and hugged me tightly.

" If they ever have trouble sleeping, play this song. "

Ainsley nodded before letting go, I walked out of the room and went off to the kitchen.
I decided to make some dinner for everyone, the song stood in my head.

I was completed, nothing could've changed that.