XV. Gymnastics Tryout

Chapter 15, Gymnastics Tryout
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" My social anxiety said no <3 "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

Finally the week passed and it was a new one, there was no rain nor clouds which is a good sign.
I got up early, took a shower and got dressed before I grabbed my dufflebag.
Garrett was exiting out of his room along with me, we smiled at each other before he went downstairs.

I went inside of Ainsley's room to where she sleeping, I went over to her bed and planted a kiss on her forehead which caused her eyes to flutter open.
She smiled at me and sat up slowly, she checked her clock and groaned a bit before getting up and walking to her bathroom.

I left her room to give her some privacy because it's human decency, I walked downstairs and hugged Garrett who was on FaceTime with Javon and Jaden.
They were also getting ready to leave their house to go to the gym.

"Hey NJ!"

I smiled at the phone and waved, Javon had waved back but Jaden didn't since he was busy trying to find his water bottle.
I watched Ainsley walked downstairs in her light pink tights and a black shirt.
She wore black pumas and had her dufflebag in hand.

Ainsley grabbed her red water bottle and filled it up to the top with ice cold water, she put it inside her dufflebag and put her hair in a high ponytail.
After a moment we all left the house, getting into the car and driving off to the gym.

I made sure we jammed out to some Doja Cat, Megan Thee Stallion and Nicki Minaj, no Taylor today because we wanted Ainsley to get into the 'I don't need your opinion' attitude.
She cared so much about how well or bad she could do, so we wanted to put that out of her head.

"Don't call me sis cause I'm not your sisterrrr."

Ainsley sang along before we pulled into the parking lot.
This would be the first time Ainsley meets half of the Walton family considering she was with Dani visiting grans for the day.
I got out the car and closed the door, I hadn't noticed that she didn't get out and followed me.

"Where's your little gymnast?"

DJ asked me, I went to answer but turned around and noticed she was nowhere to be found.
I sighed and asked to be excused for a moment, I took my phone out and began to text her.

Miracle Maker

Ainsley, where are you?

My little Rockstar 🎸

In the car, where else?

Miracle Maker

Why? Don't you wanna do this?

My little Rockstar 🎸

My social anxiety said no <3
Read at 7:49 AM

I walked out of the gym and went to the car, Ainsley unlocked the door and grabbed her hand.
She sighed and grabbed her dufflebag, I hugged her tightly and began to give her words of encouragement.
I want her to rock this try out like she always does, that's why I'm pushing her to do it.

"Ainsley, you can do this, I believe in you."

She smiled at me and we walked inside together, there was now a balance beam.
DJ approached us with a warm smile, he looked intimidating but he was really sweet.

"I'm DJ Walton, Javon told me you love gymnastics."

He introduced himself softly so he wouldn't scare her away which is really nice of him, Garrett must've spoke to him.

Ainsley smiled and introduced herself, she set her bag down and began to do some tricks on the balance beam.
I decided to put my bag in my locker and went back to watch Ainsley do one last backflip off of the balance beam.

"You got skills kid, I'd love to be your coach if you'll have me?"

DJ asked which Ainsley squealed and hugged him tightly, he laughed a bit.
She ran quickly to me and hugged me as well, I laughed and watched as DJ and Ainsley got straight to work.

I did my regular work out and stole a few glances towards Javon who was using the punching bag.
I had butterflies when he looked over at me and winked.

The day finished and I went to my locker to grab my dufflebag.
But when I opened my locker and grabbed it, there was something else in it...

Another love letter...