IX. Family Dinner

Chapter 9, Family Dinner
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" Can't remember the last time I had chicken tenders with french fries and a vanilla milkshake. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

"Honey wake up, we're going out to eat."

A soft voice woke me up, I groaned slightly and sat up, rubbing my eyes and taking a deep breath.
I opened my eyes to reveal my mother standing by my side, I was back on my bed but Jayla was nowhere to be found and that was what made me nervous.

"Don't worry, Jayla went home, her mom and dad needed her home to babysit her brothers."

I signed of relief and nodded slowly, mom soon sat down on my bed and grabbed my hands.
She looked at me and smile softly before kissing my forehead, that was something I didn't know I needed.

"Jayla told me everything, don't get mad at her because she was worried for you. Sweetie I'll never get rid of you, you're the best thing to ever happen to me."

I smiled and hugged her tightly, this made me feel a lot better.
Shut off all thoughts that tried making me think otherwise because it wasn't true at all.
My mom loves me and she had proved it already.

"Go get dressed, we're going to Mickey's Diner."

I got up from my bed and looked through my closet as my mom left my room, closing the door behind her.
It took me a couple of minutes but I came to the conclusion of wearing black ripped jeans and a lavender shirt with the words "Cherries".

I put my black doc martens and grabbed a checkered bucket hat, this was definitely my favorite accessory other than my rings.
I put on small hoop earrings and beautiful rings before grabbing my phone.
I left my room, locking it behind me.

"Looking fierce NJ."

Garrett complimented me with a smile causing me to returned the smile.
Ainsley came downstairs with a gorgeous light blue skirt and a baby yellow shirt tucked in.
I fixed my hair into a half up, half down hairstyles before making my way to her.

Dani came down wearing a beautiful light green dress and a pair of doc martens.
I went up to Ainsley and hugged her tightly, stroking her hair softly.

"I'm sorry I scared you that night, Ainsley."

Ainsley smiled and hugged me back before kissing my cheek.
I walked over to Dani, who was checking herself out in the full length mirror in the living room.
Mom was still getting ready so we had plenty of time to goof off.

"My dearest Dani, I must say, youre bravery kept me calm and collected."

I said happily as I wrapped my arms around her, she hugged me back and rubbed my back for a moment before we let go.
I looked at her and couldn't be more grateful to have a sister that cared about me more than they care about themselves.

"I'd do it all over again if it meant that I'd kept you safe and out of harms way that night."

She whispered as she grabbed my hand and walked back to the hall way near the front door as mom had finished getting ready and was no shutting off the lights.
We put on our jackets and left the house.

Garrett got shotgun, but he promised to give it to me when we came back home which is good.
Between Dani's singing and Ainsley hyping her up, I couldn't last another round of this anymore.

After a few minutes we arrived to the famous Mickey's Diner, we got out and went inside happily.
The warm around quickly embraced me, it always smelt good.

We sat down at a booth and looked through the menu, Ainsley chose fries and a burger, Garrett wanted steak with mashed potatoes, Dani wanted an omelette and bacon and mom wanted coffee with a sandwich.

Everyone was now waiting for me to make a decision which was going to be difficult but I knew I had to make one either way.
That is when I saw the perfect dish to have ever been made in my eyes.

"I'll have chicken tenders with french fries and a vanilla milkshake, please and thank you."

I told the waitress as she came over, her name's Greta and she was an adorable old lady.
She took our orders and went off to give it to the chef.

"Really NJ? Chicken tenders and fries?"

Dani asked before she began to laugh at my food choice.

I laughed with her and nodded, it was my go to food for whenever we went to diners.
It always came out amazingly and it always left a savory taste in my mouth.

" Can't remember the last time I had chicken tenders with french fries and a vanilla milkshake. "

I said happily as our food arrived, it was freshly cooked just how they always were whenever we came to Mickey's Dine.
This was a great way to get everything out of my head, especially when it's needed.

Thank God for Mickey's Diner.