XX. Woah Baby!

Chapter 20, Woah Baby!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" We should brainstorm names then. "

~ Natalie James's POV ~

"No frickin way!"

Was all that came out of my mouth, Javon had explained to me that he was the one who plays Ashtray in Euphoria.
Not going to lie, I began to fan girl.

But I wasn't about to show him I was fan-girling, that's something you do in private.
So I just smiled and nodded as if I wasn't screaming and jumping up and down internally.

"Yeah, I'm surprised you didn't realize it when you first met me."

He said with a chuckle following behind, it made my cheeks heat up in embarrassment.
I mean he was right, I adore the show so much but I couldn't seem to point out the actor that stood in front of me.

"We should have a night out in Atlanta."

I blurted out, I didn't think about it, but it did sound like an amazing idea.
Javon looked at me for a moment before nodding, he smiled got off the counter.

"Sounds good, with Jaden and Jayla."

He said, I nodded my head at the sound of Jayla.
She really is fun to be around and she's funny, so of course she had to come.

I went downstairs with Javon as we began to discuss the plans of tonight when the front door opened.
I saw my mom, she looked absolutely distraught.

"Mom, are you okay?"

I asked as I quickly ran over to her.
Her eyes were puffy and bloodshot red.

"Something happened at work, a lady have just given birth and it was my job to clean the baby."

She began, Javon didn't leave, instead he walked over and grabbed my mom's hand, guiding her to the couch.
She sat down and cried, I sat beside her and hugged her tightly.

"Mom, what happened?"

I asked calm and polite, she was vulnerable right now and I didn't want her to worry about anything.

"Once the baby went back to the mom, the lady had a disgusted look on her face.
It was like she didn't want the baby anymore."

I nodded slowly as her tears fell from her cheeks and to the ground, I rubbed her back and Javon got up to go get her some water.
She took a deep Shakey breath and looked at me.

"It broke my heart as she denied the child over and over to the point where she decided to give the baby to the adoption center."

She said finally as she closed her eyes and looked up at the ceiling.
I understood how mom felt, anyone could if they were adopted.
That's how Garrett's backstory was.

Garrett wasn't a planned birth and he knew that but he didn't know why he was given up to the adoption.
The truth is, Garrett's mom was under the influence and had completely denied him.

Once he was conceived, he went straight to the adoption center without a second thought given.
The family knew the story except for him, we intend to keep it that way as well.

Garrett gets emotional and we don't want him doing something that he may or may not regret later on in the future.
Javon came back with the glass water and sat beside her.

I knew why she was crying, I knew the pain she felt and I knew she felt useless because she couldn't take the baby home.
I didn't want her to feel like that, I pulled my phone out and messaged a groupchat with me and my siblings.

After a moment, my siblings ran downstairs and sat down in front of mom.
We looked at each other and nodded, we all took a deep breath.

"If it isn't too late, adopt the baby."

The sentence came out faster than I could stop it, mom looked at us with a shocked expression.
Javon smiled at us, I smiled back.

"But, but a baby needs a lot of attention-"

"And we will give the baby that attention, just follow what your heart tells you mama."

Ainsley spoke our softly, mom gave her a soft smile and nodded slowly.
She stood up and hugged everyone of us, including Javon.

"Are you sure? I'd need to get a room together."

We had quite a big house, which was needed when you have four adopted kids.
We had an extra room which was originally a guest room for whenever family member came over but nobody came.

They were so angry with mom for adopting kids off the streets that they had disowned her.
But she could care less, that's how mom was.
You can't tell her to sit there and do nothing because it won't work.

"Ainsley and Dani can set up the room, Garrett and I can go get baby supplies."

Her worries were gone, her face was washed over with joy.
She nodded at once and grabbed her phone as she rushed off to her room.

"Well, we should go shopping."

Javon said, breaking the silence.

"Yeah, we should, also Garrett?"

As Dani and Ainsley went upstairs to change from their pajamas to clothes, I took the chance to invite Garrett to a Night Out in Atlanta.
To which he obviously agreed, he got to spend time with his best friends and sister.

"They're checking my credentials to see if I'm qualified to have another child but they're absolutely positive I can adopt him."

Mom said as she ran downstairs happily, Garrett and I looked at each other trying to process everything she said.
She said it quite fast but all I captured was him.

"We're going to have a baby brother!?"

I squeaked out happily, mom nodded her head, Garrett and I began to jump up and down freaking out.
We always wanted a baby brother but didn't want to pressure mom into adopting.

"It's a baby boy?"

Dani called out as she ran downstairs with Ainsley, I nodded and we all started jumping up and down, even Javon.
He was being supportive even though he was completely lost.

" We should brainstorm names then. "

Ainsley said as she put her phone in her pocket with a smile.

The excitement was real and I felt completed.