chapter 27

Kandis pov:

" are you going somewhere after this?" I asked callen who was driving me home and Finn was busy bobbing his head to the music.

" Nope , why? "  He said making car slowly come to halt.

" So are you busy? " He raised an eyebrow .

" What happened? " He asked.

" Nothing just wondering if you don't have anything to do we could just spend time together"

To be honest, I don't want to go home so early today , I am in no mood to hear a different explaination from Nora .

He looked at me for few seconds and gave a nod .
" Sure , I am okay with it " he said and I smiled.

He parked the car , I turned around and looked at Finn who was sleeping? He had his earphones in his ear and his eyes closed . My eyes reached to callen and again back to Finn.

" This is usual " he said " he listens to metal then rock and slowly slowly his playlist comes to the point when soft and silent songs are being played and he falls asleep " he said with a soft smile.

" So let him sleep? " I asked.
He got off the car and opened the back door.
" Finn " he called , waking him up .
"Mmm"
" Finn " callen shook his shoulder and Finn whined pushing his hands away.
" What?" He grumbled I his sleep " go away"

Callen sighed. " If I go and you get under attack , fight your own war "

" Ahhh callen , why are you doing this to me " he whined.  I chuckled seeing his tantrums.
" Finn , we are going inside the park then . All the best for your fight " I said and gathered my things.

" You are still here ?" He said squeezing his eyes and opening them a little.

" We both won't be after sometime " I said ,grinning.
" We ? Me? You both? Alone? What about me? " He said looking as if we just betrayed him .

" So what do think we were waking you up for ? Let's go " I said and got off the car. Walking to the opposite side to boys , I gave a look to my apartment to see if Nora was in gallery or not. Thankfully she wasn't.

We got inside the park and as usual it was empty.
" It's nice , calm and silent. No children's shouting ". Finn said as he made his way to the swing .

I remembered the time when I was sitting on that swing and getting comforted by callen . I looked towards him and he was already looking at me . Breaking the eye contact I went to the parallel bar .

It was too tall for childrens , it's okay for me because I am not short but still I have to get on my tip toes or jump to grab the rod.

Holding the rod in palm , I swung myself and locked my legs on the other bar of parallel bar and slowly left the hold of the bar in my hand. I was hanging upside down, as I left my hands my body swung in front and I saw callen standing there .

My eyes widened as I was going to crash into him , I quickly closed my eyes on instincts .

I felt someone's hands on my shoulder , I opened my eyes and saw stopped my body to crash into him by holding onto my shoulder . A relief washed over me , but when I noticed we were close , too close.  Looking from this angle , that is , upside down he is still handsome. My heart beat increased . 

My whole body's weight was on my legs and the strength to lock my legs on the bar was getting weak . I looked into his eyes and a question came in my mind why was he so near in the first place when he knew I was going to crash into , okay even if he doesn't know he could have just back off. Wow

" Thanks but you could have just backed off " I said. 

" Why would I use my feet when I can use my hands? " He said raising his eyebrows.

" Lazy " I said chuckling.

He stepped in front by one step and I ducked my head back . What is he doing? He kept a his hand on my legs  and gripping them down knowing soon I would  fall down because this is the longest I have been hanging on this bar and i cannot find the strength to hold them like that any longer because of the situation.

" Doesn't it hurt ?" He asked .

I gave him a look , " what? "

" Your bruises kandis " he said.

Oh , what was I thinking?

" I forgot about it .Now that you mentioned it , it does a little "

" Callen , mom called " I heard Finn shout.

Callen left the hold of my shoulder, stepping back my one step and helped me get down. I was sure I don't need his help getting down because now he makes me feel nervous and I feel weird because I have never felt nervous because of anyone . Like yeah, in tough situations I have been nervous but not because of someone .

Finn came towards us ," mom called , she said to be back soon because dad is coming to meet us " 

" What's with you two? " Finn said looking at my arm , grinning. Slightly confused I looked at my arm and saw callen was still holding onto it  but before I could reply him callen managed it .
" Let's go , don't want your father to wait when he came after a long time ".

He started walking infront but when he noticed Finn didn't follow him he came back and pulled him with him. I chuckled and followed them .

" Okay , bye" I said as they left and I came inside my apartment.

I searched all rooms but Nora wasn't here. Not thankful this time because she never leaves without giving me a message of where she is going but this time no message.

I sat on the couch waiting for her when I thought I should message luke . I went into my room and after 10 mins of searching I found the number. I saved it in my contact and messaged him .

"Hello, this is kandis "

I waited for his response but it didn't came . After doing time pass for twenty minutes when still Nora isn't back I thought of completing the notes and project work from that museum. 

           .......

I even completed my work and Nora still isn't back . When I came home it was 6:30 pm and now it is 10 pm . I was getting worried about her . I grabbed my phone to call her and I saw luke's message from notification . It says " you messaged late than what I expected , everything okay? "
Now replying him isn't that important . I called Nora but she wasn't picking up.

After about half an hour i started panicking. She has never like never!!  went anywhere for this long without a single message or a call. I locked all the doors and went down . Walking to the main gate of my building , I asked the guards at what time she left , they said around 3pm . She is gone from 7 hours . What is going on ? 

 What is going on ?