chapter 25

I frowned

" what? You just said the reason for their death" I said shuttering.

" That's it, this isn't a joke Smith. Are you all kidding me? Once you said they are dead and now this ?! AND WHY AM I BEING TOLD THIS RIGHT NOW? " I couldn't control it any further as I let it all out.

" Get this done in 5 min and If this isn't true .... Just stop already," I said with a shaking voice.

"It's the truth Kandis, your uncle left to find this out. He couldn't tell you the reason for his leaving because you didn't know a thing that time and now that you knew about your parent's death I thought things should be cleared up soon "

" And what if I wouldn't have known this? What if I would have never met Callen's brother? Was this going to be the secret till I die? And Mr. Ducas, if not this then any other reason you could've told me ... Do you think just leaving without a word was right? No no no you are all wrong just from the start " I picked up my phone from the couch and went out of the apartment.

Running down I thought of what shit I just heard. I went to the park and sat on my swing as usual. This park really does help me somehow and where would I go instead?

I was in the park till 3 am, at 1 am Smith and Mr. Ducas left. I saw my uncle's SUV going out of the building. Nora has called me so many times from then that I just switched off my phone. When I went back home, Nora was asleep on the couch. I couldn't ignore her condition so I covered her up in a blanket and went to my room as I thought I was awake for the whole night.

I got ready for school and left early before I have to face Nora. I know she would try to explain me in all way possible but now what I want is not the explanation but time to think about it. It's something so hard to even believe.

I went inside my class, keeping my bag down I sat on my seat and kept my head down, scrolling through my phone.

Someone came beside me but I was in no mood to lift my head and look.
" Kat? " Finn called.

" What? " I grumbled not liking someone disturbing my position, no actually not liking someone actually trying to make conversation with me right now.

"Nothing " he whispered.

Now I am feeling guilty for being rude.
" No, what? " I said more politely.

" What happened? " He asked and I looked at him, what should I tell him?

" Nothing just bored why? "

" You look like shit, did you not sleep last night? " He asked me, concern written all over his face. I was trying to act normal for him but somehow it wasn't working today.

" I was writing the notes about that museum thing "

" You already completed it? " He said giving me a surprising look.

" I said I was writing, it's not complete yet, by the way where's Callen? "

" On-call," he said settling down on the seat beside me.

" Did you talk with Emma after going back home? " I asked.

" She said it doesn't hurt that bad now, it's healing" I gave him a nod.

Callen came in after a few minutes and sat down behind us.
" Can you tell me about Luke kat? "

Oh, Luke, I have to message him or probably not. It's better to not until a few days.

" He was my father's Friend " this is the sentence which makes in doubt him too that he knows about my parents ' death too and probably about them being alive too but when I met him he said something like ' i am sorry I couldn't come to meet you after your parents...' right he didn't say anything any further so I don't know if he knows or not.

" Hmm hmm that you already told me," he said.

" Actually there isn't much I know about him, after my parents died he never met me but why? "

" Nothing was just asking " I know he wasn't ' just ' asking but then decided not to ask him further.

After this class, I didn't go to attend any other classes. I was in the library, sitting alone. How badly I wanted to hide from this world right now.

My parents are alive they said if they are really then what condition are they in? Where? How? From when? And why couldn't they contact me even once?
What's happening with me?
I am all surrounded by Questions. How do I get them back? I want to hear their voices which are fading little by little in my mind, I want to see their faces. Do they still look the same as I remember them to be? I want to hold them tightly in my arms and never let them go.

But what if they just aren't alive and what if they are alive but before I could find them they aren't?
No no Kandis you don't have the time to think things like this. I have to again talk to Mr. Ducas. I have Luke's number ... I should contact him, he would know something or other.

Wait, kat I said in my mind. I have gotten all the information about my parents from Mr. Ducas, Smith, and Nora. Luke is someone I haven't been in contact with for a long. Should I trust him? He was a good frie-
I was cut off when a hand came on my shoulder.

" What happened? " Callen asked.
" What do you mean ?"

" Teary eyes, frowning and all this thinking going inside your mind," he said.

I didn't know when a tear came out of My eyes and how so badly one side of me wanted for someone to come to me. I looked at him as tears flowed out of my eyes. He Came forward and cupped my face. I closed my eyes and let the tears freely fall down.

" What's wrong? Hmm, kat ?" He asked softly. As I clutched his sleeve, not wanting him to leave me too.

" I can't," I said in between my crying.

" It's okay, you don't have to tell me. I am here " he said, holding me in his hands.