chapter 7

Author pov:

Kandis stopped before opening her door, sighed and fake smiled so that Nora won't be concerned about her.

She opened the door and searched for Nora. Nora was sitting in her room beside her window, "you got a friend? " Nora asked as Kandis entered her room, taking a place on her bed.

" Yeah, kind of ". Kandis replied.
" YOU GOT A FRIEND ", Nora said forcing every word of the sentence.
" Yeah, but it's not like you saw him for the first time, he was the one who saved me when we were going to the restaurant and got in trouble", Kandis giggled.

" Yeah, I do remember but I thought you both just know each other! ",

" That time .. actually he was just someone I used to know, he is a transfer student, it hasn't been that long for him ".

"Then that person won't be just someone! I am sure. You being Kandis had a conversation with someone and Calling that someone your friend means he isn't just someone", Nora said teasingly.

" I didn't say he is my friend, I said kind of ", Kandis replied, " but that guy is strange, I don't know anything about him and he won't even discuss ".

" Don't force him, it might be something he doesn't like to talk about ", Nora said with a concerned look.

" Whatever ",
Kandis took a blanket and rolled it on her body.

" You are going to sleep? " Nora asked.

" Do I ever sleep in the daytime! ", Kandis said and she got up from the bed with the blanket still rolled around her.

" I will make you something good to eat, come, " Nora said gesturing her to follow.

"Okay ", Kandis replied and followed her.

Nora observed Kandis almost tripping 2-3 times because of the blanket " keep it back in the room " Nora said a little irritated.

" Why? Because I am looking like a ghost? My messy hair and this blanket are the perfect combinations for Halloween this year ! ", Kandis said.

Nora just shook her head and started cooking, while Kandis sat at the dinner table doing her homework.

" That guy from earlier, What was his name ? ", Nora asked.

"Oh it's Callen ! ", Kandis replied

" It's Callen! And...and his Full name ? ", Nora stuttered.

Kandis observed the look on her face but she ignored it and replied " it's Callen Keller why ? ".

" Nothing just got curious because you never had a friend ", Nora replied. Kandis gave a nod still not satisfied with her answer.

There was a knock on the door, Kandis took her books and kept them inside her room as she expected some guests.
Nora opened the door and welcomed Eric and his mom "Maggie".

"Hey! After so many years, hi Eric ", Nora said.
Kandis came out of her room with a smile as she sees Eric.
" Hey! " Kandis gave a hug to Eric and a small smile to Maggie.

" I thought I should give a visit to you after knowing that Ducas left you ", Maggie said and Kandis sighed. She didn't want to go through those talks, she just wanted to let it go, she wanted to forget about what happened and move on.

Nora looked concerned about kat but let Maggie speak, " Eric told me he left, well he is a type to leave everyone just like he left me ".

" Kat, Eric how about you go to a park near the apartment", Nora said still had a concerned look.