chapter 8

" Then don't ", callen shouted as whole class turned towards him and by his shout it was the first time kandis flinched.
Seeing her flinch he apologized and left in hurry while kandis was still trying to handle herself.
And the day goes kandis being alone and not trying to think about what happened.

                                   ~
Kandis threw her bag on the chair and layed down on the bed , thinking if she did something wrong .  Ofcourse she did . She got up , took a notebook out of her bag and opened the last page of book and started writing.
"Okay so , he and Lucas are brothers and he don't want to tell anyone about this ! And why ? ", She stopped writing and stared out of the window for a while thinking for the answer to "why".

"Okay let's see what I know about Lucas , he is 17 obviously same age as me then he is popular in school because he is President's son and a bully ", She made a confused face

" someone cannot be just this popular because he is  a bully ! There are many bullies in my school they aren't that popular than this weird guy ".  She was thinking and thinking when she heard Nora calling her.

" Kat come here please , help me . These bags are too heavy ". Kandis got up and ran out of her room to see Nora was carrying 4 heavy bags , two on one arm and  two on other .

" Woah ! What is all this ? ". Kandis said taking two bags from her hand and placing it on the kitchen counter.

" That's all groceries for my cookie shop", Nora said .

" And why did you bring it here ? You could have just left it in your shop , it could have been easier than bringing all this up on second floor ".  Kandis said in a 'duh' tone .

" I forgot my keys , I had to come up to take them and I know I could have kept all this in front of shop , take the keys and keep it in but what if someone stole it , I don't trust anyone", Nora said .

"Ohh oky- ", before kandis could reply Nora cut her off and asked
" wait ! How are you home so early ? ".

Kandis stayed quite for few seconds and replied while sitting on the chair

"Nothing just I was getting bored ".

Nora gave a sarcastic laugh and said " you want me to believe that ? You never came back home just because you were bored ! Don't keep secrets and just tell ".

" You know Lucas ? ", Kandis asked

" Yeah , isn't he Presidents son ? ", Nora replied with a confused look ,as if trying to understand what's going on in Kat's mind.

" Yeah ! Ahhh- ".  Something striked her mind and then she remembered she met Lucas 5 yrs ago with her uncle and from that time they are enemies. She knows Lucas is Mr Wilson's son but forgot to link it with Finn but now ... she knows.

. " Yeah ! He is president's son ! You did a great job Nora thanks ". She got up from the chair and hugged her and ran to her room in a hurry.

" Lucas ! Lucas ! Lucas ! Are you really Finn's brother ? If you are , then Finn is also president's son !!! ", Kandis was shocked for a sec and gave a sarcastic laugh . " Like wow ! Never heard of president having two sons ". Can this be possible?

She was going to call callen but she realised , she was doing the same mistake she did this morning ' being curious' .

She was curious but  as the thought of Finn came across her mind she felt bad , this feeling she never felt for anyone . She never felt bad for anyone when she insulted or said something bad about anyone except Nora and Eric . She never had any friends besides them .

                           ......

Next morning she got ready wearing her blank jeans and a plane white T- shirt and just putting her hairs up in a ponytail.

She walked out of Nora's car which she borrowed from her for 3 days for no reason .

She searched for Finn and followed him to classroom and saw he didn't have any plan of seating besides with her , callen knew Kandis was following Finn but he didn't said anything and ignored.

Kandis grabbed Finn's wrist and pulled him to the nearest boy's toilet  and locked the door .

" Kat ! What are you doing ? ", Finn asked , his tone was a little irritated but he managed to  show it politely.

Kandis didn't give a reply and opened  all the doors of toilet inside just to make sure no-one was in  .

" I am sorry for yesterday ! But tell me are you both really brothers? ", She asked . she had to find out , this isn't a small thing. No one knew about Mr Wilson having a second son.

" Why are you so curious ! Huh ? Why do- ", before Finn could complete his question . Callen gave a knock on the door .

Kandis ignored him while the knock was getting louder and louder .

" Kandis open the door ! Please ". Callen said , his voice was desperate .

" If you don't answer I will take your answer as yes ! ". She said , her voice calm but polite.

She could see tears forming in Finn's eye
She sighed , she understood her answers aren't that important but Finn's health and heart is , and she  opened the door letting callen in and locked it again , knowing they will have a big conversation.

" I am sorry for what I did , I cannot even say  forget about it because you both are already hurt by me ,  You both might be thinking why I am so curious about your story but its just- ", 

" We are sorry , I know you don't have anything information about us , and I am even sorry for following you and getting your information . You are a open book for us while we both have many secrets". Callen said cutting her off.

Finn was trying hard not to let any tear fall , While callen was calm or that he was pretending to be calm.

" I can tell you about everything " callen looked at Finn and assured him that it is safe . " I knew from start I won't be able to lie to you for long , after yesterday's incident when Finn went home , I did my best to take out information about you from everywhere I could and I am sorry but I had to . " Callen looked in her eyes , Kandis mouthed 'its okay' and gave a nod , telling him to continue .

" You were correct ! Finn and Lucas are half brothers ". Callen said and looked up to Finn and placed his hand on Finn's shoulder and patted two times.

There was silence for few seconds as kandis broke the silence " so -", before she could say anything again a knock came on the door .

" Who is inside ?! Please please please open the door , quick . I cannot control anymore now ". They heard a boy cry while knocking loudly.

As they heard it they all chuckled . Finn wiped his teary eyes while laughing  and Callen opened the door and the three came out . That guy  stopped moving and was shocked seeing kandis coming out of the boys toilet.

" I will  * sigh * ..let's talk about this later , I need to go ". That guy said and ran in. They all laughed again .

" You were correct ! Finn and Louis are half brothers . And I am his bodyguard . We cannot tell anyone about Finn being president's son because he is a illegitimate child ", callen said , his voice too low , while Finn was trying hard to look okay .

" I am sorry guys I knew I was crossing the line but I couldn't feel any less curious because you weren't telling me anything ! ", Kandis said looking down to the ground .

" We are sorry too , we did a lot of research on you without telling you , we crossed our line too ". Finn said gesturing callen to apologize .
  Callen nodded and  apologized .