chapter 17

The ride was silent , we reached there in 15 mins.
Getting out of car I looked at kandis , she was looking at the top . She turned to me " let's go"

I smiled and nodded .

.......
Kandis pov:

We came inside and I heard a voice " please side , excuse me "
I turned around and saw a doctor and few nurses are bringing patient . I quickly stepped back giving them space to go .

" Age 7 yrs old , gun shot " I heard a nurse say. I frowned .

Callen gestured me to follow him . I nodded and followed him .

We are on 3rd follower and it's very quiet here , no one in the corridor .
He turned right and I saw 2 bodyguards were standing on the door. They nodded to callen and looked at me .

" She's safe "
" Okay sir, you can go in"

We entered inside and I saw Finn eating apple . I sighed in relief , he wasn't in a bad condition.

" How are you?" I asked walking towards him .

" Oh! I am fine , did callen tell you about all this?" I chuckled
" he don't need to tell me anything because I was there in that situation but inside the car " I looked at callen accusingly .

" If I wouldn't you would have been besides him "

" But what exactly happened Finn ? "
" Well I was with Emma , she asked me if we can go to ice cream shop near school. Then everything was fine I dropped her at her house and I was going home when a gun was fired " he told .

These kind of situation are where one mistake , one mistake can end everything . Finn has to go through this much when nothing is his fault.
From the birth to now he is been living like this . I sighed .

I heard some shuffling outside . I looked to callen he was sitting on the chair in corner with his hands crossed . He stood up and walked towards door and opened it.

" Please come in " he said and turned towards me . I understood he wants me to come with him .
I nodded and got up . I looked towards Finn once and smiled , he smiled back .

I reached the door and the door opened on his own?
I saw Mr Wilson entering inside , I stepped aside giving him space to come inside . I haven't seen him for the first time but I was very young when I saw him , I remember I came to an event with uncle ducas and that's where I saw him . Mr Wilson's eyes met mine and quickly turned towards Finn . He went towards Finn and 3 bodyguard came inside following him and I was just standing aside waiting for everyone to come inside . I sighed when everyone was inside and I came out .

Callen was still there , his back resting on the wall . I turned and looked at Finn , he had a frown on his face and I can tell from his looks
He was very tensed . He was sitting tight not like before . He was fiddling with his fingers as he was talking with his father .

I looked at callen " Thanks, I wanted to see him "
Callen smiled . We went downstairs it wasn't that quiet here.
" You want to get coffee? " Callen asked
" Sure "

We left the hospital and I turned towards the parking while callen was going straight , he stopped and looked at me " it's few blocks away we can walk " he held his hand in front I nodded and what I have to do with his hand? He wants something? His car keys? It's not with me . He sighed and took my hand in his

Oh

We walked and only walked . We didn't opened our mouth and I was too busy feeling his hand on mine. It's weird , I was trying hard not to smile but failed . I looked down and I couldn't stop my smile . He looked at me and smiled? No he is literally laughing . Please look away . I was crying in my mind from embarrassment . I looked up at him and he was also trying to keep in his laugh , just looking at him I couldn't control my laugh. I burst into laughter . We stopped walking and I crouched down and held my face inside my hands and laughed. I heard him chuckle too . I got up and looked at him . We both had smile on our face .

We entered inside the cafe .
I took a seat and callen sat in front .
"We have to go to AR museum tomorrow " he looked at me " are you both coming? "

" Finn is going to get discharged today so if he is okay then we will come " callen said .

"You are already done with your high school studies right " he nodded " so still do you have to give the final exam? I mean you can just get in next grade , you have connections and-"

" I don't have to but I have to be with Finn - " I cut him off as a stupid question arised in my mind.

" Has he ever cheat in front of you or got in trouble ? " He chuckled .

" He has " he laughed again " Finn looks like a good boy with manners who don't do anything wrong and he is , he really is but sometimes he gets confident "

" This one time we were in exam hall he was just in front of me , i had my eye on him and he asked me lots of questions , I wasn't going to solve any questions but I had to because of him " we both chuckled .

" The Questions were hard , if I wouldn't have been going to school with him whole year and get a revision I would have failed to help him in exam ". He said a bright smile plastered on his face .

" Umm sorry to disturb your conversation but may I get get your order? " A smooth voice spoke .

I looked at callen and then to the waitress . " I would just order a simple hot coffee "

She looked at callen , " same " he said . She nodded and left .

" I guess I know why you helped him" he looked at me
" Yeah that's the reason , I didn't wanted to be in the same grade with him again " he laughed .

We drank our coffee while callen told me stories about Finn and him . I still remember when I first met callen he always kept his mouth shut and now he has opened up a lot since the conversation we had in parking . I never had friends but I do now and I like it . I like to be around him and Finn . They don't judge. They never Questioned and I know they don't be with me because I know Their secret . I can feel they be with me because they want to . I hope want I think about them is true . I hope they don't leave me like my parents and Mr ducas .