chapter 21

Callen pov :

" Okay bye, kat! Directly come back home today okay " Nora said grabbing kandis' attention as she was wearing her shoes.

" Yeah bye," she said smiling.

Suddenly a thought came across me that I know about her parents, Nora .... Smith and her uncle! I remember once when we were in the cafeteria she told us that ' and my uncle... He is out of the family picture '
What exactly does that mea-
My thoughts were cut off when Finn clicked his fingers in front of my face.
Kandis and Eric probably went towards the car first.

" What are you thinking? Let's go " bending down and making his shoes comfortable he started walking with me being behind him. 

We got out of the elevator and saw Kandis and Eric leaning on the car waiting for us. She smiled sarcastically and said " who was going to give the car key? "

Lmao, they came down first but I had the car keys.

"Let's go," I said with a grin.

Kandis and Eric got in the back seat and Finn beside me in the passenger seat.

We directly Went to the visiting place given than going to school.

Suddenly kat pulled out the topic which I, fortunately, forgot about.
" So you are gonna meet Olivia today .." she said raising her eyebrows teasingly.

" Stopp," I said lamely while others laughed. I looked through the mirror kat looked out of the window with a smile.
She was wearing her usual jeans and tops, just today it was a plain black top, and her hair actually neatly tied up in a braid which was not as usual.

We reached there in 20 mins, I opened the door and stepped out. I went towards the other side to Finn and others.

I frowned when I saw Kandis practically running somewhere, soon I understood she was running towards the crowd and probably to that one person standing a little aside from the crowd. He was tall and well built upped.

" Luke " she called.
" Luke "

" I probably have seen him," Eric said frowning while Finn was leaning against the car with his hands crossed.

" You remember? " I asked. He shook his head. I turned towards Kandis who was running behind ' Luke ' as he went inside the crowd and soon I lost sight of him. Kandis stopped, still.

I started walking towards her when my eyes caught Luke coming out from another side of the crowd. 

I am not going to be stupid and call her from this distance. I called her and I saw her taking a look at her phone and then around.  She picked up.

" Hello "
" Opposite side of the crowd, he is standing below the tree "

She looked at that side, smiling. she went towards him, Finn and Eric came beside me chatting with themselves while my attention was on Kandis. She ran to him and probably called him, I couldn't hear because of the squirrels beside me.  He turned towards her. He looked in his thirties now that I can see him properly. How does she know so many people in their thirties? She didn't have any of 'her own ' friends but she is friends with her dad's friend. He looks like he is one of her parent's friends too. 

He smiled at her as she approached him and hugged him tightly...
that's where I think I should go and interfere.

"Kat " I called her, she pulled away and I could see tears in her eyes.  She blinked twice and smiled and turned to Luke.

" Thank god, you still remember me "
" Of course I do Kandis, I am sorry I couldn't meet you after your umm... " Luke said hesitantly

" It's okay, I missed you " Kandis Said.
"Guys, this is Luke. He was my parent's colleague. " her smile dropped at the second part. She looked up at him frowning.

" Guys, stop wasting your time here! Do you know roll count has started " a random boy from our school said and walked away quickly?

" Kat let's go before we get punished for a few more assignments," Eric said, who was getting impatient.

She nodded hesitantly. Finn and Eric walked further, they have made a good bond.

" Go ahead, you don't want to be late," luke said as Kandis was still unsurely looking at him, as something is bugging her.  She looked like she had many questions but don't know where to start from.

" Give me your no. " Kat asked him
" KANDIS! KANDIS "
" CALLEN "
" COME FAST " someone shouted, I couldn't recognize who it was because of the distance. 

I have learned that this school is very strict with rules though no one yet got punished for bullying.

She waved at him and we stood beside Finn and Eric.

" You both have made a great bond," Kandis said smiling.

" We are planning a world tour," Finn said.

" Noo that was a different plan, we planned about going deep inside the sea to watch octopus! " Eric said correcting Finn. We both laughed at their thoughts.

" Probably you should try being friends with him too and see if he lets you be at his home for a while? " Callen said.

We laughed loudly and got a death stare from Mr. Philip.  He walked towards us
" Now that you have got Friends you will create more chaos right Kandis !" He said sarcastically.

" Yes sir " I quickly looked at her, not believing what she just said, and looked at Mr. Philips. Now it's hard to control a laugh. I looked at Finn and Eric who got in the corner and now are laughing hysterically.

Kandis frowned and shook her head
" Sorry sir "
I am at a point if I even smile a little I would end up like Finn and Eric.

He gave kandis a death stare and looked around at us, Eric and Finn expertly got serious and when he turned around they started laughing again while this time I, Kandis joined them too.

Finally, we could control now, this was a small incident, and no need for this much laughing but just looking at each other's faces we would laugh again.

I am genuinely saying that I am having a fun time besides that incident when kat hugged luke. Whattt , how to erase a line that came to your mind?

" Hey " Emma came beside Finn. I have seen her picture. I had even done a background check and I feel extremely guilty about that. I never liked, to check someone's background who is innocent.

" and what happened to your face ? " She said touching a bruise of Finn on his temple.

He hissed " ah ! Nothing just small things " he laughed nervously to cover up his lie.

She looked in his eyes and nodded after few seconds.

" Hey Emma , ho- " kat got cut off when we saw students going inside. We follow them , my eyes wandered from here to there to check if any wrong person is around but my eyes fixed on kandis who stopped abruptly . Someone grabbed her upper arm . She turned around a little and was going to punch when I caught her arm to stop her . She didn't see who it was before she decided to punch .