43. The Truth

[Y/N POV]

When I came to school, many students started to look at me oddly while whispering, then when I passed this girl along with her friends, she started to say something and loud enough for the whole students in the corridor to hear. "Why can Jay oppa date a poor girl like her?" she said while looking at me with a disgusting look. "What do you mean? Don't say anything bad about her or you'll face something bad from Jay" one of the male students warned her. "I said that based on the truth, I saw her yesterday in the daycare. She was working there as the helper" she said and the whole students in the corridor gave me a shocked face. "How can a poor girl study in here? And I thought she is Sunoo's cousin, so she ought to be wealthy too or she just dated Jay oppa for his money? Oh, what a gold digger" she gave me the disgusting face. I was about to run to the toilet but someone held my hand and spoke to the girl "So, what's the problem with you if she's poor and works at the daycare? It means she's independent, she doesn't want to spend her parents' money. Instead, she works by herself to provide anything she wants, not like you who just spend your parents' money. I love her not because of her looks or her wealth. I love her because of her pure heart, not like you" it was Jay who said that. "B...But she just takes advantage of you. She just wants your money" she started to speak again. "You better shut your mouth before I shut it for you" Jay said and dragged me with him. The whole students in the corridor looked at Jay in awe.

.

.

[In front of Y/N's class]

"Go to your class now" Jay said and ready to leave but I held his wrist. "Thank you for helping me" I smiled at him. "No need to thank me and don't let anyone take you down if someone does like that again to you, just fight with it" he said and I just hummed. "And Y/N, I want to talk with you after school, so I'll see you in front of your locker. Wait for me there" he said and left me. when I went into the class, all of my classmates looked at me. "Yah, stop look at her like that" Niki yelled from his seat, then Yura came to me. "Y/N, I want to ask you something but please be honest" She said to me while we walking to my chair. "Sure, just ask me anything. I'll answer it honestly" I said to her. "Is that true, you're working as a helper in Bubu daycare?" she asked me. "Yes, it's true. Why? You don't want to be my friend anymore?" I asked her and tried to hold back my tears. "No...No... it's not like that, but why you never told me about this? I'm not like the other students who just want to be friends with someone rich. I don't care about our status" she held my hands and it made me felt settled. "I'm sorry for not telling you about this earlier, and I want to confess that Sunoo is not my cousin. We just pretended to be cousins" I said to her while looking at my feet. "What do you mean? Look at me, Y/N" Yura placed her index finger under my chin and brought it up, so I could face her eyes. Then, I started to explain the whole thing to her. She sighed before she spoke "You should have told me earlier, Y/N. I won't leave you alone, you're my friends. Please promise me, start from now, you won't hide anything behind me. you'll always tell me your problem" she pointed out her pinky and we linked our pinky together. I was so happy to have a bestie like Yura who wants to accept me for who I am.

.

.

.

[Time Skip-After School]

[Jay POV]

My class was dismissed faster than the other classes, so I waited for Y/N in front of her locker. About 20 minutes has passed and she finally came with Yura. "Ah, I see your boyfie is already waiting for you, I'll leave you two alone" Yura said and was about to go. "Your Heeseung oppa has been waiting for you in his car, you better go there hurry" I said to Yura and she quickly ran to Heeseung hyung. "She is so cute" Y/N said while putting her books inside her locker. "But you're cuter" I said and I could tell she was blushing. "So, what do you want to ask me?" she asked me while closing her locker and looked directly into my eyes. "Let's go first, I'll ask you when we have arrived at the café" I said while intertwined our hands. "O...Okay" she said stuttering that I found out cute.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

[Time Skip-Café]

[Y/N POV]

"Let's order something, I'm hungry" Jay said while rubbing his tummy. "Sure," I said while chuckling because of his funny movement. After we finished ordering, Jay cleared his throat before he started talking "Is that true that you are working as a helper?" "Don't think too far. When I asked you this, it doesn't mean I don't want to be your friend anymore, but as your friend, I want to know the truth" he added. "It's true, I'm working as a helper in Bubu daycare" I said while sipping my coffee. "But what time do you go to work? I have never seen you go there" he asked me. "After school. I always go there after school" I answered him calmly. "What? But now you're here with me. So, it means your late?" he asked me while looking so cute, I chuckled before answering him "It's fine, I've called the owner that I'll come late today" "You scared me, I thought you're late because of me. But why you need that work? Doesn't your mom has been working in Sunoo's company?" he asked me again. "How many questions do you have inside your head, huh?" I asked him and he laughed awkwardly while scratching his nape. "Well, as you have known, I do not come from a wealthy family. Ofc for supporting our daily needs we need more money and I cannot always rely upon my mom, I think I need to help her by working a part-time job" I said and he looked at me with concern. "No need to feel pity toward me. I'm fine" I reassured him and he smiled lightly at me. "Didn't we meet each other when you were doing your part-time job as the cashier at the mart?" he asked me. "You're right but that day I got fired" I said while laughing together. "You right, you've told me" he said still laughing. "Btw, are you busy after this?" I asked him. "No, why?" he looked at me curiously. "Um... if you don't mind, do you want to come with me to the daycare?" I asked him. "Sure. It's a great idea. I have nothing to do at home. I'll come with you" after he said that, I couldn't hide my smile and happiness anymore. I kept smiling like an idiot. "Yah, Hurry finished your food then we can go" he said and I quickly devoured my food.