Ritual

Diana

The song lasted forever. Damian and I stood there, silently basking in the news of my pregnancy.

"I'm guessing that was why you were sick?" He pulled me in for another hug. I held on tightly, breathing in the scent that always calmed my nerves.

"It comes and goes, its how I figured it out."

"I can't believe I didn't clue in, I mean, maybe I was in denial. I never thought it would happen so quickly." His hand brushed the side of my face as I continued looking into his eyes. He wasn't crying, but I could see the emotion trying to push through.

"I'm so happy Damian." I smiled and placed my hand on his.

"Di," He planted his lips on mine, "I'm beyond happy, we will celebrate after the ceremony. I'm not even sure how I'm going to make it through the night without telling the whole world. Wait, is that what we want now?"

Damian had a good point, was tonight the best time to tell the pack of my pregnancy? Should I wait to see a doctor before spilling the beans to everyone? I wasn't sure how far along I was, but werewolf pregnancies are typically fast - usually it would be six months as compared to a regular 9-month pregnancy for a human.

"Let's wait until I see a doctor, I just want to be sure everything is ok before I start telling people."

I could tell from Damian's face he wanted to tell them, he wanted to share the news of his first child with the whole pack.

"Of course." He replied.

By now the music has died out, and by the way some of the elders and Eric were looking at us, they wanted to start the ceremony.

"You guys ready?" Eric mind linked to us.

"Yes, lets go," Damian grabbed my hand and brought me over to the table were the bowl sat. I peeked inside to see the contents. I was expecting some weird looking mysterious liquid, but to me, it looked like fruit punch. The colour was tangy red, and the texture was light like juice.

"If you're wondering what that is, the answer is yes, it is juice." Eric looked to me and chuckled.

The room was growing quiet, a circle of guests formed around us.

"Don't worry Di, I'll guide you ever step of the way, nothing to worry about." Damian squeezed my hand as he looked to me with reassuring eyes.

At this point, everyone's attention was on us. Thankfully, I spotted the girls in the crowd and they gave a small encouraging wave.

"Fenrir Warriors, I am here with news that much of you know already, but its time to make it official. For so long our pack as had Alpha Zeus, my father, that has led us into battle and claimed everyone victorious. We have liberated the outcasts; have freed the Omega slaves from their oppressors, but one thing was always missing. A new Luna. To carry on the Alpha blood line, so we can continue our victories and protect the weak from the power hungry. I never thought I would be ever giving a speech such as this..." Damian paused then looked at me and grabbed my hand. "Diana unexpectedly came into our lives, and now, I never want to look back at the days where she wasn't here. Her beauty, her presence, her leadership, her...Her power... We are your children now, and I am forever grateful to call you our new Luna." He got down on one knee and kept my hand his his.

A thunderous cheer followed by howls screeched through the entire room, practically vibrating my ear drum.

The howling continued until an elderly man raised his arm with a blade in the other hand. This was the part of the ceremony I was questionable about. I wonder what that blade was for?