Traitor

Diana

The man and I stood face to face, his black rifle pointing in my direction. I was frozen, trying to make out who he was, but I was failing horribly.

"What is this about?!" I exhaled deeply, hoping to calm the raging fear bubbling up inside me.

The man took a deep breath, like what I said just agitated him. His jaw flinched the longer we stood there, I knew he was close to breaking.

"You don't remember do you!?" He gritted through his teeth.

"No. You're mistaken!" I stepped back to give myself space from him, but he immediately held his gun closer to me, firmly gripping the trigger in his hand. His eyes were blackened, and his muscles were twitching, like he was trying to keep his wolf at bay.

"You are so damn wrapped up in your own shit that your too blind to see it." He stepped in closer, and I immediately took a step back. I peeked over my shoulder, it was open forest, but I wouldn't be able to outrun a bullet.

"Why don't you just tell me what the hell I did to deserve this?!" I crossed my arms and firmly planted my feet. Ready for anything.

"Ares is dead because of you." He stomped his foot forward making me jump, "YOU Diana! You're just a piece of meat for Damian to fuck. That's all. Another fucking whore." I could see tears forming in his eyes.

I had a feeling I knew who he was now.

"Ares? The night I was taken?"

"Good job Diana, you can put two and two together." He took another step forward, but when I tried taking a step back, he pointed the rifle upwards, aiming straight for my head. "NOT ANOTHER STEP." He growled.

"Ares, the man who shot me was your MATE?" My eyes widened in panic, I wanted to run so bad, but the gun was too close.

"Do you know what Ares said to me the last time we made love?" His throat tightened as tears fell from his blackened eyes.

I swallowed hard, "What's that?"

"He wanted to run away. Somewhere far from this place. Far away from all this fighting... Maybe Italy or Greece, maybe a nice home by the Mediterranean..."

I could smell balsam and Pine. Damian was close, but I couldn't see him. I had to buy myself some time before this man imploded.

"I didn't intend on anyone dying! I had no idea who you all were, especially Damian. You have to understand, it was out of my control..." I tried my best to remain calm, but inside there was a tsunami of emotions. Sweat pellets ran from my forehead as I kept my gaze on the man, hoping that I would be fast enough to react to any sudden movements.

"Out of your CONTROL?" His jaw clenched as his arm lowered the rifle.

THIS WAS MY CHANCE. I had to run now; I could not wait any longer for Damian. This man was going to kill me.

"No!" Just as I turned to run away his arm stuck out like a whip, pulling me into his body. "GET YOUR GOD DAMN HANDS OFF ME ASSHOLE!" The rage and the frustration grew inside me and I was at my breaking point. I was so done with being tossed around like some rag doll. I was going to make this asshole pay.

He held my body close to him as he pulled my hair back to reveal my bare neck, "You see whore, I cannot go now... I am stuck here with NO ONE. Ares is gone and there is nothing that will bring him back!" His canines extended from his mouth as he inched closer to my face.

My eyes widened in fear as my body trembled, but I decided to not struggle.

This is what I planned for.