Chapter 20

"Beth, it's not up for discussion." I woke up in Hayden's arm's the next morning with a smile. Of course, that smile was short-lived when I realized, I was woken up by my brother screaming.

"Landon, I'm fine," Beth growled.

"Bethany, you threw up in the mashed potatoes in the middle of thanksgiving dinner. You're not fine." I could practically hear her roll her eyes.

"Yeah, I remember, you don't need to remind me."

"Obviously I do. There's something wrong with your health and you need to get it checked out." I sighed, knowing I'm not going to go back to sleep. I peeled Hayden's arm off me and made my way to the kitchen. I poured myself a cup of coffee and cut an oversized slice of pumpkin pie.

"Will you get off my ass if I schedule an appointment?" I was stuffing my face with pie when arms came around me from behind. I smiled.

"Did the happy couple wake you up?" I grumbled.

"Yeah. Now give me a bite." I scooped up a piece of pie and without looking attempted to feed it to him, "Oww." I spun around to see what I did.

"I'm sorry," I said between laughs. I completely missed his mouth and instead smashed his face with pie and jabbed him with the fork.

"At least you didn't impale me." I burst out laughing and buried my face in his chest. He smells really good.

"Oh for the love of God! Do I need to give you another broken nose to get my point across? Don't fucking touch my sister!" Landon practically screamed. I pulled away and glared at my idiotic brother.

"Oh shut up you idiot," I yelled before stomping away. God, I fucking hate him. Well, that's not true. He's my brother, I can't hate him, but he's making it really hard not to.

Maybe living with Landon was a mistake. We got along fine when he was away at college, an hour away, and not under the same roof as me. I thought living with my best friend and my brother would be perfect, but so far it's been a shit show.

I don't think I ever even used that term before I moved into this stupid apartment. Shit show. That's what my life has become.

I started therapy last month to help me work through my issues, but at the rate, they keep piling up, I'll never be stable. When I got to my room, I grabbed my phone and texted Josie.

K: Men suck, wanna meet for lunch?

J: Bently's at 12?

K: I'll be there.

I put on a white off-the-shoulder long sleeve shirt and a pair of light wash skinny jeans, then I put my hair in a ponytail and slipped on some converse, and made walked to Bently's, a diner a couple of blocks from the apartment.

I was over an hour early, but I didn't care about waiting. I was too annoyed to stay in that house. Landon and Beth's fighting is driving me bonkers. Then there's Hayden, things are going so well between us and I'm happier than I've been in a long time and that scares me.