Chapter 65

It was as if Brian's life was built up for this one crucial moment, the German-English assassin stared at his Finnish enemy standing in front of him. Brian was shaking yet unshakable, on the brink of breaking yet unbreakable. This was going to be an intense showdown between Brian and Cillian; between pupil and mentor; between Schuyler and Häyhä. Only one could survive; the other had to die, right here in this decisive battle.

The two men moved at once.

Cillian Häyhä immediately whipped out his beloved Scorpion and fired a couple of shots. Knowing those shots were used to let Brian move to a specific spot, Brian paced back. He used the Yoake in his hands to deflect bullets away and only dodge when he really had to. Brian countered by diving straight for the man in front of him.

He brandished away with his treasured katana, swinging it and only to have it clash against the gun in Cillian's hand that blocked the blade in ease as if he was all too used to it. Brian placed immense force into his katana and his mentor did the same to defend himself. The katana and the gun began shaking in the men's hands. It was a matter of time before either one of the two men drop their respective weapons... Or so Brian thought. Cillian smirked and then kicked into Brian's diaphragm.

Brian backed away, trying to soothe the pain between his stomach and chest with his mind. The blonde could feel the airways in his lungs going into spasm but he suppressed the pain immediately. At a comfortable distance to use guns, Cillian didn't hesitate to fire multiple shots at Brian who clicked his tongue and ran in irregular zigzag patterns towards Cillian in order to close the distance.

Despite knowing Cillian was better than Brian in every aspect, Brian had to close the distance between them because the Finnish man was no doubt an excellent gunman who was a real threat. Brian had a chance to defeat Cillian in close combat but he would be dead meat if it was a gunfight. Brian elegantly slashed with the katana in his hands, only for the deadly monster of a man to hold onto the blade. As if the katana had a significant value to Cillian who didn't want to damage it, his face softened. The Finnish man yanked on the katana harshly and Brian found it out of his grip.

Brian immediately felt a bolt of pain from his jaw as Cillian smashed his fists into him. His ears rang from the sudden impact and his brain racked. That sickening punch was too fast for Brian to even consider dodging. He doubled over. Before Brian could even counter, he felt a flurry of pain on his whole body and then a gun pressed into his head just as he collapsed onto his knees.

"I can kill you at last," Cillian Häyhä said, "I've been waiting for this moment in years." The Finnish man stepped onto Brian's head and smashed the boy's head down into the ground, his body coming down with him. An intense headache jolted throughout Brian's head and his mouth felt dry. His chest and nose was in pain. Brian could only stare into the ground as Cillian Häyhä continue to crush and grind Brian's head underneath the sole of his shoe and into the floor.

"For ages I've been waiting for this day. Ever since you're a kid. I've sent you out to die from training and you'd come back stronger than ever as if you're a natural. It's annoying. It's really frustrating. It's absolutely frightening. You really threaten me and makes me think one day you will grow even stronger and kill me in my sleep if your loyalty ever falters... And now that I know you are a Schuyler, I finally understand why I hate you so much." Cillian said, his voice as orotund as always but this time with an air of evident anger and bloodlust. Cillian's grinding on Brian's head softened a little bit, clearly letting down his guard.

"...." Brian kept his head down, slowly reaching for his pocket without Cillian realising. As the Finnish man would ramble on about nonsense, Brian would reach for Valeska's handgun in his pocket and shoot him with it hopefully. "It just dawned to me how much I hate you. Not only are you a Schuyler, you've also been raised by Miss Hisame when you were a kid. It must be nice to be loved by such a beatific goddess and a blissful gem... You are one lucky b*stard to be able to sleep in the same futon with not only Gaela but with Miss Hisame too. I always yearn to be embraced by Miss Hisame and her divine body and take in her scent. I can only dream of sleeping with those two beautiful ladies.... You have committed a sacrilege, Schuyler. I cannot forgive you. You must pay with your life."