Chapter 21

"We're doing what?" Haechan exclaimed, shocked from Mark's words.

Chenle sank in his seat as he watched Mark explain to the others what Taeyong had told him, Yunhee, and Mark in his office earlier.

The reason why Lucas was there was because Chaewon's SOS was from Hong Kong. The CIB had instantly looked into it and found that Chaewon's location wasn't exactly there. She was somewhere else, somewhere that they couldn't track.

Ideally, the best thing to do was to team up with other intelligence agencies but everyone knew that none of them got along very well. So Lucas suggested the next best thing, Neo Academy.

Taeyong decided to assign Chenle and his group of friends to the case, where they would be assisted by the instructors at the school. Their job would be to track Chaewon and Soojin down and then bring them home.

Chenle was equally surprised that they would be assigned such a dangerous mission but considering the fact that he was allowed to pick and chose whatever weapons he wanted for the last one, he figured this was probably normal for the students.

Chenle had never been assigned a mission outside of class before. He knew that his hyungs all had but this would be a first for not only him and Jisung but Yunhee as well.

Taeyong was actually hesitant about letting Yunhee join them but after Lucas pointed out that he didn't even notice that she had taken Soojin's folder from him and Jaehyun confirmed that she was ready, Taeyong allowed her.

"I can't believe this is all happening because they forgot to remove Soojin's folder." Renjun mumbled.

Another thing Chenle had learned was the reasoning behind Lucas's appearance that day. Taeyong had wanted the group to retrieve the files from the safe house that could potentially lead them to Sanghoon but forgotten that Soojin had left her own mission folder there. They had immediately sent Lucas to retrieve it but clearly, that didn't work very well for them.

Now, his friends were all silent as they thought about their next steps in getting their friends back.

"I think I'm going to go see if I can find Soojin or Chaewon on the cameras." Haechan said, getting up and glancing at Renjun. "Come with?"

"Wait, what do you mean cameras?" Yunhee asked, confused.

"He means security cameras around the world." Chenle clarified for her.

"It's a simple face match but the process will take a while so it's best that we get started soon." Haechan told them.

"Guess we better start brushing up our skills then." Jeno said with a sigh as he got up.

As they exited the room, Chenle felt someone tug on his sleeve and saw that it was Yunhee.

"Hey, can we talk?"

...

Yunhee had brought Chenle to her dorm, not know where a better place to talk would be. She had felt Jisung's eyes on her as she stole his best friend and had a feeling that Chenle's friends would be gossiping about this.

Yunhee suppressed the thought as Chenle followed her into her room. She was too curious and had to figure out why the male had somehow joined her in Taeyong's office.

Yunhee turned around, staring at Chenle. He was running his fingers along her empty desk, clearly avoiding her eyes.

"Why were you in Taeyong's office?" Yunhee asked, deciding to get straight to her point. Her words made Chenle freeze.

"Why couldn't I be?" Chenle asked, glancing up at her, his hand still on the table.

"Because you should have been in class. Why did you leave?" Yunhee asked, making it clear that she knew that something was off.