Chapter 6

Chenle did his best to keep his cool but on the inside, he was pretty proud of the fact that Yunhee was shocked at how fast he put together the tranquilizer.

While the rest of the class was slowly struggling, Winwin brought over another tray for him, filled with smaller parts and a glass so he can see what he was building.

"Isn't this a bit much? You're basically asking me to do the dirty work for you." Chenle said with a smirk as Winwin passed the parts of the destroyed laptop to him.

"It's for the NIS and there's nothing better for you to do." Winwin said before glancing at the girl that was struggling beside him. "Unless you want to help her."

Chenle quickly took the tray just as Winwin expected, before the male pulled up a stool to help teach Yunhee how to put together the tranquilizer.

Chenle was about halfway done with the laptop when Winwin had to go and help the other students having troubles, leaving Yunhee to figure out the rest of the assembly herself.

"Where does this needle go?" Yunhee mumbled, clearly having trouble having picking the thin part up with her tool.

Chenle tried his best to focus on his own work but the second he saw Yunhee put her tool down and reach her hand out, he had to interfere.

"Don't." Chenle said, making Yunhee freeze, her hand about to touch the part. "It's a tranquilizer, one wrong move and you'll be passed out on the ground and no one here wants to carry your body to the dorms."

Yunhee immediately retracted her hand, and Chenle could tell he was embarassed. He motioned to the tools and the girl picked them up.

Chenle sighed as he moved his stool closer to her, placing his hand one each one of hers so he could guide her through the steps.

He couldn't help but take a big whiff of Yunhee's lavender scented shampoo as his face was almost buried into the back of her head. Chenle did his best to push through how uncomfortable the position was, focusing on putting the tranquilizer instead.

"You want to steady this part with this." Chenle instructed. "And then place the needle in with this, rotating it this way so you can get a good grip on the part."

Like Chenle had done many times before, they lifted the needle and slid it into the rest of the part with ease, surprising Yunhee.

"Wait, how did you do that?" Yunhee exclaimed as Chenle separated himself from her, feeling his body heat up.

Chenle shrugged, trying to keep his cool as he moved his stool back to his original spot.

"Practice makes perfect." Chenle simply said, focusing on the parts in front of him once again.

But every now and then, he would glance over to see if Yunhee needed any more help.

...

Yunhee had to admit, Chenle definitely had some special talent that allowed him to be part of the academy. But he definitely was still lacking in everything else that didn't have to do with gadgets and weapons.

They had a short break to prepare for Protection & Enforcement (aka. P&E), which was basically an intense gym class. This was a class that all the students did together, no matter what year they were in.

P&E was taught by Johnny and Yuta, and the second Yunhee saw the two, she knew the class was not going to be an easy one. Especially when the "warm up" was ten laps around the track.

As Yunhee ran, she was glad to notice that she wasn't the slowest one but quite average.

I guess all those years running on the street came handy.