Chapter 19

Yunhee didn't know what to say. She had heard the male's voice but could have sworn that she had never heard it before in her entire life.

"Are you sure?" Yunhee asked. "I'm not doubting you, I'm just curious."

"I'm positive." Chenle responded. "But if you don't recognize it, it's from somewhere else then."

"Probably." Yunhee replied, reaching out and placing a hand on Chenle's arm.

Chenle took a deep breath before sighing, staring into the walls of Yunhee's room. "I probably sound crazy right now, I'm sorry."

"No, it's okay." Yunhee said, giving him a small smile. "If I recognized the voice, I would be pretty bothered too. I'm glad you came to talk to me."

"You are?" Chenle said, raising an eyebrow as he turned to her.

"Yeah. I'd rather you talk to me about it so we can go through it together instead of you suffering alone. Now, it'll probably be easier for you to sleep with it off your mind." Yunhee told him.

"It's not exactly off my mind." Chenle admitted. "I still hear the voice when I close my eyes."

Yunhee paused for a moment before lifting the covers, patting the space beside her. "Come here."

Chenle raised an eyebrow, making Yunhee roll her eyes. "Don't get the wrong idea, at the orphanage, the owner would sleep with the children that had nightmares to calm them down."

"I'm not a child though." Chenle argued and Yunhee bit her lip, Chenle pressing on her last nerve.

"Do you want to sleep or not?"

That seemed to do it for the male as he slipped in under the sheets beside her. Yunhee took a deep breath before wrapping her arms around Chenle, resting her head on his chest.

"One word about this to anyone and you're dead." Yunhee threatened.

"Deal." Chenle responded, putting his own arms around her waist as he got comfortable in his position, closing his eyes.

Yunhee's heart was beating rapidly in her chest and she didn't really understand why. She tried to ignore it but the blood pumping through her veins made it difficult for her to fall asleep.

When she heard Chenle breathing softly, she realized that he was fast asleep.

Well that makes one of us, Yunhee thought as she stared at the boy's peaceful face.

She settled back down on Chenle's chest, closing her eyes. This time though, Chenle's quiet breathing sounds soothed Yunhee's mind and she was able to fall asleep quickly in his arms.

...

Please be in the washroom, Chenle prayed as he tiptoed into his room quietly that morning.

He woke up with Yunhee clutching onto his body tightly and felt extremely embarrassed. Luckily, the girl didn't seem to think too much about it and simply turned and hugged her pillow after Chenle said he had to return to his room.

Chenle didn't know why he was feeling this way. He knew he shouldn't be thinking too much about the girl but he couldn't help but recall how adorable Yunhee was in her half asleep state that morning.

Messy hair and mouth wide open, yet my heart still skipped a beat.

Unfortunately for Chenle, Jisung was putting his uniform on as he entered, his head snapping towards his hyung. "Where were you?"

"Fell asleep in the lounge." Chenle lied, hoping Jisung wouldn't notice. Luckily, Jisung was putting his blazer on, running his fingers through his hair.