Chapter 20

Yunhee's first instict was to lie.

"I don't-"

"Don't lie." Jaehyun immmediately cut her off.

Well that didn't work. Yunhee gulped.

What were you expecting, you're with some of the best spies in the entire world!

"Do you have it or does one of the boys have it?" Taeyong asked and this time, Yunhee knew she couldn't lie despite how much she wanted to.

"The boys have it." Yunhee said, bowing her head.

From the corner of her eye, she saw Taeyong nod towards Jaehyun. Jaehyun immediately left the room, the door closing right behind him.

"Crap." Yunhee muttered under her breath.

...

What's taking so long? Chenle thought, unable to focus in class without Yunhee. He had a feeling something had gone terribly wrong but couldn't exactly place it.

Chenle was going to send Yunhee a message but was surprised to see a message from Haechan in the group chat he had with the others instead.

Haechan
Yo, we're in big trouble. Mark was just called to Taeyong's office.

Chenle's eyes widened at the message. This can only mean one thing...

Taeyong must have found out!

Chenle immediate raised his hand, waving it in the air, catching Doyoung's attention.

"Yes, Chenle?" Doyoung said, turning towards him.

"Can I go to the washroom, pleaseeeee." Chenle begged.

Doyoung gave him a look that showed how unimpressed he was and Chenle held in the urge to laugh. "Right now?"

Chenle furiously nodded his head. "Yes, I drank way too much water this morning and I feel like my insides are about to explode."

Doyoung sighed deeply, waving his hand. "Alright, go."

Chenle immediately ran out of the class and didn't care that his classmates were staring at him. He needed to get to Taeyong's office.

Chenle didn't really know why he was headed that way. Deep down, he was more worried about what the instructors would do to Yunhee than Mark, and wanted to be there for her if anything happened.

Unfortunately though, as Chenle sprinted down the hallways, he didn't realize that there was a tall male wearing black jeans and a white t-shirt with a leather jacket, a black cap on his head, standing there and ran right into him.

The male grabbed Chenle's shoulders, preventing the boy from falling and Chenle heard a chuckle escape his lips.

"Zhong Chenle, long time no see."

...

Yunhee had expected to see Chenle or Haechan enter the office but was surprised to see it was Mark.

Mark had a blank expression on his face as he plopped down into the seat beside her.

Someone's in a bad mood.

Could Yunhee really blame him though? The star student of the school was just called into the headmaster's school and even though Neo Academy wasn't exactly like the others, being sent here was still not something that students strived for.

"The folder." Taeyong said, staring at Mark. "Where is it?"

"In my room." Mark replied bluntly. Yunhee's eyes widened, no expecting Mark to be this rude to Taeyong.