Chapter 12: Gods and Their Favors

Note: Sometimes when copying the text from Google Docs to Wattpad, the format gets messed up so my solution is before and after every section of text from the original there will be a / just in case the text isn't properly bolded because it's such a pain having to reformat the text every time. Also yes. I'm finally fixing/doing these chapters I missed. You're welcome.

"Luke?" Annabeth asked.

"Hello, Annie," Luke smiled.

"Who's this?" Zeus demanded.

"I apologize my Lords and Ladies. I am Luke Castellan, son of Hermes," Luke said kneeling before Zeus.

"So you're the traitor I've been hearing about," Zeus said straightening.

Luke sighed, "Unfortunately sir, but I deeply regret it."

Zeus raised his Master Bolt. Before anyone could react, Zeus threw the bolt at Luke . Percy threw himself in front of Luke. The bolt hit Percy in the middle of his chest making him fly back. He slammed into the double doors leading to the elevators. Zoe quickly ran to Percy's side crying. Hermes was furious that his father would try and kill his son, even if he did betray Olympus. Luke couldn't stop shaking in fear. Hades and Persephone traveled to their son's side. Both Hermes and Poseidon had their weapons pointed at Zeus. The others either went to Percy or Luke. Percy laid limp on the marble floor. Percy's friends all had tears in their eyes, even Clarisse was crying. Zoe collapsed onto her knees. She moved Percy's head onto her lap. Sally was gripping Percy's hand very tightly. Apollo checked Percy's pulse. "There's a faint pulse," he whispered.

Percy coughed a little. He groaned as he sat up. "That hurt," he mumbled.

"How?" Zoe asked.

"It seems that the Fates were kind enough to give me my curse back," Percy said.

"Is it in the same spot as last time?" Zoe asked.

"No," he said. "I'll tell you later."

"Why did you save that traitor?" Zeus spat.

"Because he's a hero. Saved the world and Olympus," he croaked. "Could I have some water?"

Poseidon made a glass of water appear. Percy took the glass and drank the water. "Luke, are you okay?" Percy asked.

"Y-yeah," Luke replied.

"Here's the book, we're on chapter 12," Percy said sending a wave of hope towards Luke.

Luke calmed down and started reading.

Chapter 12: Gods and Their Favors

/Annabeth and Katie/

Demeter smiled with pride that her daughter was on the quest. Normally her kids got the short end of the stick.

/watched in horror as a door slammed down blocking them off from their other two companions./

Both Athena and Demeter started to panic.

/Annabeth ran to the door trying to find a way to open it while Katie just sat there in shock as they were cut off from the two most skilled fighters on the quest leaving her with only Annabeth who, while smart, was not nearly as skilled a fighter as Percy and Zoe./

"Don't sell yourself short," Percy said. "You're a very skilled fighter."

"Oh, I don't know, Percy. Compared to you, I could never," Annabeth said, blushing slightly.

Aphrodite eyed the two with interest and muttered. "Percabeth.... yes in another world I could see them being a perfect couple."

"What did you say, Aphrodite?" Artemis asked.