Chapter 9: Brotherly Love

"Who are you?" Zeus asked.

Percy's eyes widened with delight, "Mom!" he yelled hugging her tightly.

"Percy, it's been a while," Sally smiled squeezing her son.

"I'm Lee Fletcher, son of Apollo," the guy grinned as he hugged his brothers.

"And I'm Sally Jackson, Percy's birth mother," Sally said with a twinkle. "Lady Persephone, I would like to speak with you during the break."

Percy paled as Persephone nodded. "Ms. Jackson, would you like to read?" Annabeth asked.

"Yes, and please call me Sally, I'm not that old," Sally said, taking the book.

Chapter 9: Brotherly Love

Percy woke the next morning and tried to roll off his bed but quickly found himself on the floor of the Demeter cabin; his entire body was one big muscle ache from his battle with Atlas and holding the sky.

Percy rubbed his hair where a gray streak was left as a sort of scar.

As he lay there enjoying the pain free experience of not moving, his thoughts drifted back to the events in the throne room; he was now the child of the prophecy which changed things immensely for him, starting with the fact he would almost certainly die in less than two years' time. Exactly the reward he was looking for after battling a Titan and holding the sky to save a goddess he thought sarcastically.

"Yeah, it's like 'hey thanks for saving us, in return you get to die in two years'," Percy said.

Sally and Persephone mirrored a worried look.

The one good thing that came out of the whole ordeal was he now had a couple of friends in camp. He and Annabeth had gotten closer and now Zoe would be a camper despite how unhappy she was about it. Percy was brought out of his thoughts by a worried feminine voice calling to him.

"Who is it?" Apollo asked.

"If you would let her read, we'd find out," Artemis said.

"Are you okay Percy? And what happened to your hair?" Katie asked as she knelt down to help him up.

Demeter smiled at her daughter.

Percy groaned as he let Katie pull him up, "I'm alright Katie, just a very long day yesterday."

Katie looked at him worriedly, "So I take it you guys rescued Lady Artemis?"

"Yes thankfully." Percy said back tiredly.

Katie smiled, "Are Thalia and Annabeth okay?"

Percy nodded slowly, "Yes they're both okay but Thalia won't be around camp anymore."

Sally looked confused. "Why wouldn't she be at camp?" she asked.

"She became a hunter," Artemis explained.

"Oh, okay," Sally nodded, continuing to read.

"What? Why?" She asked confused.

Percy sighed and recounted every event from the quest without skipping a detail. When he finished, Katie was looking at him with wide eyes.

"Y..You battled a Titan and held the sky?" She asked in shock.

"Darn right, he did," Hermes said.

"Yea and it sucked." Percy replied simply.

Everyone laughed at Percy's comment.

Katie shook her head and smiled, "You're something else Percy but I'm glad you're on our side."