Part 17

Teyha's Pov
Bryce helped me out of bed and got River all set up in his car seat. He got River and carried out to the car. I followed. He put River in the car and helped in me in the front seat.
Bryce- Addison said that they are coming over in an hour.
I looked at him and smiled. The car was silent for a bit. We were about half way home.
Teyha- He is awful quiet isn't he.
Bryce laughed, but he knew that I was gonna ask a question.
Bryce- Go on.
Teyha- Did they find out why I was passing out?
Bryce- No, but I think I did. First, when you were asleep you murmuring something about Larray. Later you fell asleep again. The same thing happened. I had left the house and talked to the doctor from before. He told me that he thinks Larray was trying to tell you the whole time, but he thinks that your body cannot comprehend the energy Larray is using to talk to you.
Teyha- Wow. Well, that is a lot to take in. At least, it didn't affect me or River.
Bryce- Actually, River might be affected. He said May close attention to your dreams.
Teyha- Well, I will. I don't want anything bad happen to River.
Bryce- He said any effects on River won't be bad, just unnatural.
Teyha- Well, I guess that is a relief.
I looked at the dashboard and laid my head back against the seat. I turned and looked out the window, watching the houses as we drove by. We pulled into our driveway and Bryce helped me out. He grabbed River's car seat and took him inside. He went to the nursery and laid River out on the bed.
Bryce- Guest will be here soon.
Teyha- Ok. Let me change.

5 years later

Bryce- All dressed?
Teyha- Yep.
It was River 5th birthday today. Octavia and him hang out all the time. She is 8 months older than him. River is a handsome boy. He has green eyes and black hair. He is tall and skinny with tan skin. He looks a lot like Bryce. I stood by the kitchen counter next to Bryce, as River ran around with Octavia. River ran up to me and hugged me.
River- Mommy, when is everyone gonna be here?
Teyha- In a couple minutes, River. Why don't you go play with O in the playroom.
River- Yes ma'am.
River ran off and I laughed.
Teyha- When did you teach him that?
Bryce- Well, he really wanted a sword so I made a deal with him. He ended up getting that sword and ice cream.
Teyha- Ice cream? Without me?
Bryce- Sorry. You were at Addison's.
Teyha- I'm offended.
He kissed my forehead and over to where Noah was. Addison walked over to me.
Addison- Cuties aren't they. I say we take a photo of them.
Teyha- That would be nice.
Addison and I walked over to the kids.
Teyha- O and R came here for a minute.
They raced over and stood in front of us.
Addison- Can we take a picture of you guys?
Octavia- Yes.
River- Yes ma'am.
Addison- O, you need manners like River.
Teyha- Ok kids. Smile and say cheese.
I took the photo.
Teyha- Aww. Cute.
(Pretend it is River and Octavia)

The guests starting arriving and River was having so much fun

The guests starting arriving and River was having so much fun. River blew out his candles and then dug into his presents. When everyone began leaving River ran up to me, Bryce, Noah, and Addison. Octavia wasn't far behind him.
River- Hey, mommy and daddy, can Octavia spend the night?
Bryce- Yes. Did you ask Noah and Addison?
River- No, sir.
Bryce- Well, go on then.
They turned to Noah and Addison and Octavia stepped forward.
Octavia- Mommy and daddy, can I pretty please spend the night?
Noah- Of course you can.
Addison- That would be nice.
Addison and Noah left and Octavia and River ran up to River's room. He picked his bedroom and we redesigned it. He picked the first guest room. It was the biggest guest room. He decided to have it be race car themed. So this is what it looked like.

Him and Octavia shared the bed

Him and Octavia shared the bed. They were too young to do anything so it was fine. We tucked them in and we went to bed. When I woke up I went downstairs and made waffles. River liked his with blueberries and Octavia liked hers with strawberries. They were so much alike but had so much opposites. When waffles her done Bryce got them up and I set up their plates. We ate in the dining room, which became a new rule once River was born. Addison and Noah came over a couple hours later and we hung out in the game room while the kids played in the playroom. We played Hangman for awhile. Addison went up to the board and drew an oven with bread in it.
Noah- Food!
Teyha- Bakery! Cool! Bread! Kitchen!
Bryce- Guys stop yelling. I know the answer.
Addison looked at Bryce and nodded for him to continue.
Bryce- She is pregnant.
Noah- Wait, what?!
Teyha- You are?!
Addison- Well, I'm not pregnant. Noah you should know that. We talked about the plan to tell Teyha.
Teyha- Bryce you knew about this.
Bryce- Yeah.
Noah- Oh yeah. My bad.
Addison- Teyha, me and Noah are adopting a teenager from a foster home. Her parents died when she was 4. They got in a car accident. She was abused by 3/5 of her foster homes. She ran away from all of them. I'm taking her in. She talked to us and likes us. Octavia met her too.
Teyha- How old is she?
Noah- She is 15. She has dark skin and blue eyes. Her hair is black. She is skinny and 5'4".
Teyha- Can I meet her?
Noah- Of course. Why not today?
Teyha- I'd love too.