Part 12

Teyha's Pov
   I was the first one awake. I got up and went to my room and got changed into an over-sized shirt and some shorts. I looked at my phone and saw a text from my local police department. They wanted to give me more info about the accident. I felt tears flow down my cheeks, as I tried to push back the thought of Larray. I heard someone on the stairs and wiped my tears.
Quinton- Knock, knock.
I turned around and Quinton's facial expression changed from happy to sad.
Quinton- You've been crying.
He walked over and wrapped me in a hug.
Teyha- How can you tell?
Quinton- I'm your bestie. I can always tell.
I laughed and hugged him back. He broke the hug and looked at me for a second. Then he sat on the bed and leaned against my headboard.
Quinton- What are we doing today?
Teyha- I have to go get more info about Larray's accident.
The thought made more tears fall down my red cheeks. Quinton got up, hugging me again.
Quinton- I'll come with you.
Teyha- I'd love that.
All of a sudden, everyone I thought was asleep starting saying they were coming too.
Teyha- You guys were there the whole time?
Avani- Haha. Yeah.
I laughed and invited them all to come. We had an hour and a half before I had to be there. We went out and ate some McDonald's. When we were done we headed over to the station. I entered the lobby and sat down. Everyone followed and did what I did. A man in uniform walked over to me.
Police Man- You must me Teyha. I'm the officer that will be speaking with you. Would you like to follow me?
Teyha- Can I bring someone with me?
Police Man- One person.
I observed the room. Bryce gave me the signal to take Quinton. Addison shook her head and also eyed Quinton.
Teyha- Q, wanna be my plus one?
Quinton got up and followed me. The man took us to a room with a table and three chairs. He sat on one side and me and Quinton sat on the other.
Police Man- So, Larray was your brother?
Teyha- Yes, sir.
Police Man- You don't have to call me that. Call me Pete.
Teyha- Yes, Pete.
Pete- Well, as you should know Larray was hit by a diesel truck at a stop light. It wasn't his fault so there are no charges. On the other hand, the truck driver is paying you 100,000 dollars.
Teyha- Oh my. That is a lot of money.
Pete- Just wait a minute. His insurance company and other legal papers etc are paying you 3 million.
Teyha- Oh my. That is so much. I can't even begin.
Pete looked like he wasn't finished. I got wide eyes.
Teyha- There is more?
Pete- Yes. TikTok, Instagram, and Twitter put together 5 million for you and your family and the trucking company is paying you 2 million on behalf of their sincere apology in relation to the accident.
I broke out in tears.
Pete- All together, in a week or so your bank account is going up 10.1 million dollars.
My jaw dropped and eyes went wide. My mind was spinning. Tears began falling like a waterfall down my cheeks. Quinton hugged me tight. Soon enough Pete came over and gave me a "I'm so sorry for your lose but happy for you" hug. I walked out of the room and everyone was so freaked out. They didn't know what had happened. I walked out of the station and everyone followed.
Noah- What happened?
Addison- What did they say?
Teyha- Let me tell you all over some dinner. How about Taco Bell?
Everyone shook their heads yes. When we arrived we all ordered food and then sat down. They all eyed me so I got up and coughed to get their attention.
Teyha- Larray, may be gone, but never in my heart. He has actually gifted me a gift I could never have asked for. Now, yes I'd rather have him here then this gift but I know he sent it to me.
Bryce- What is the gift?
Teyha- Well, do to many financial and famous things that I currently don't understand, you all are now looking at millionaire.
Jaden- Oh my! How much?! Sorry, that came off rude.
Teyha- You're fine. I was gifted a large amount of 10.1 million dollars by Larray.
I blew a kiss to the sky and everyone went silent.
Bryce- 10.1 million?! How my?! Larray I love you!
Teyha- I am going to spend 500,000 to 800,000 on Larray's funeral and the rest on... well I don't know yet.
Avani- That leaves you with 9.6 to 9.3 million! That is a lot!
Everyone cheered. When our food came we ate and then everyone went to their own homes. Brady was at my house, attempting to move in. I went straight to my room and laid on my bed, looking at the ceiling. Thoughts flashed back memories of me and Larray. I closed my eyes, about to fall asleep when I saw him in my dream.
Teyha- Larray, I love you.