Two

"It's okay, Leah. It's over but it doesn't mean you should forget all of the good times you guys had together."

I am so lucky to have Gabby as my roommate, best friend, and pretty much sister all in one. We have been best friends since kindergarten and have been inseparable ever since. Even through inevitable girl drama and arguments, we have always found our way back to one another.

Gabby liked Alex. She didn't love him though. She thought he put on a front sometimes, always trying to prove to someone that he was perfect. He needed everyone to know that he is from one of the richest families in Laguna Beach, therefore allowing him an incredible NYU education and his own beach house as soon as he graduated. But I didn't see it as a front. I knew that he was lucky to grow up the way he did, and if I were in his situation, I would probably accept all of the help my parents had to offer. My life was very different from his, but I didn't hold that against him. We have to accept the hand we are dealt in life.

Although Gabby didn't approve of my relationship with Alex 100%, I knew that the second things ended between us that Gabby would be there for me. She would be supporting me, doing whatever it takes to make me feel better, not rubbing it in my face and saying "I told you so." She could have, but she didn't, and I give her props for that considering the amount of times she questioned his integrity.

But she's right, just because we aren't together anymore doesn't mean that I need to forget about all of my favorite memories with him. I don't want to.