Chapter Twenty Three

Shiv Pov

(Funeral day)

Waking up in the morning I saw it was 6.30a.m today is holiday for sorades Inc because of Dimitri funeral which is on 11.00clock.... So I have enough time brushing my teeth I went to cook breakfast.... Today I decided to make English breakfast with toast, egg, salad and juice..  I don't know what to feel although my boss is arrogant asshole who was never nice to me always rude.... But the past week he was behaving nice and now he is gone... That to someone killed him... According to autopsy report he was shot near his heart then burned in fire which I am sure the killer caused it.... Mark and Jason doing their best to find the killer... Even volkovs called us to help.....

Finishing my breakfast I saw Amy coming out from her room getting ready for work... Morning Amy I made breakfast I said.... Morning shiv Amy said looking worried at me... Today's is the funeral Amy said which is more like an statement..... Yes I don't have work today will be back after funeral I said with sigh... Are you alright shiv Amy asked... I am fine Amy its just eventhough my boss is an asshole but he didn't deserve to die I said looking at her with blank face.... Everything will be fine shiv I am getting late so bye take care Amy rushed out... Bye Amy I said.... After taking bath I wore the plain black dress and heels tied my hair in bun i took my car and left to the cemetery....

After reaching I saw mark Jason along with Darius and security team.... Although I came early to help them... Reaching there i saw mark and Darius with blank face..... After few minutes everyone started to come.... Mark, Jason neither of us said anything but standing there along with Darius.... After Mr.darius eulogy everyone did there tribute and started to leave... Looking around i saw few known people and unknown people ...most of them had blank look some had sad and anger even happiness that Mr. Dimitri sorades is no longer alive... I walked away little to take breathe....

I am sorry for you loss ms.shivani I heard an voice speak.... Turning around I saw an guy 6.1"feet tall with black hair and black eyes and pale skin.... Excuse me do I know you sir I asked politely.... Sorry I didn't introduce myself I am William Vanderbilt he said rising his hands.... I am shivani Mr.vanderbilt I said shaking my hands with him... I know your name shiv you don't mind me calling like that right Mr.vanderbilt said... Its fine Mr. Vanderbilt I said pulling my hand from his hold... Call me William shiv I know you are Dimitri personal secretary William said... Are you the ceo of Vanderbilt industries I asked looking at him...

They are right you are an smart women William said with smirk..... They?? I asked looking at him... Ahh you are quiet famous in the business world ms.shiv William said... Most of the companies know you are one of the best secretary they can hire William said with wide smirk... There is something wrong in that smirk I thought in my mind.. I didn't know I am that famous William I said.... And why exactly ceo of Vanderbilt Inc is talking to me i said with blank face.... Uhhh about that I know your boss is dead so I thought of offering an new job for you ms. shiv william said with blank face.... Thank you for your offer William but right now I am not looking for new job I said lying... I was actually looking for job but I can't leave the company right now after Dimitri dead and in this situation too....

I was excepting this answer shiv I know you are an loyal employee William said... But still think about it William continued... Sure William I will think about it I said looking at his black soulless eyes... Which gives me chill his eyes is completely cold with no emotion....I heard that your company board members are looking for new ceo William said... I am not sure about it yet William so far Mr. Sorades cant stay as ceo has he is already retired I said with calm face... William reached his pocket taking out his card giving it to me... This is my personal number shiv I am willing to help sorades Inc so please call me if you need any anything William said with small smile... Thank you William I Said..... William Vanderbilt is an cold heartless person according to the media and here he is willing to help sorades Inc who is the enemy company.... This is weird....

After funeral I bid my condolences to Mr.darius and left the place.... After taking the bath and changed into something comfortable... I took my laptop to search for Vanderbilt industries... For the rest of the day I did some research about Vanderbilt and completed some office work..... Next day I got ready to work.... After having breakfast I left my apartment.... Reaching my cabin I saw Mr. Sorades cabin is open... Making an black coffee I knocked and entered the cabin... Good morning Mr. Sorades i said placing the coffee.... Good morning shiv Mr. Darius said looking at me... How are you sir I asked him concernly... I am fine shiv and call me Darius he said with smile... After that I told him his schedule for today... Sir the board members so asking for about their decision i said....

Those vultures are waiting eagerly to get their hands in this company Darius said with cold look... But we needed to decide sir we can’t let those people ruin this company i said with blank face.... Call the board members and tell them I will say my decision on Monday meeting Darius said... Yes sir I will do right away I said and left the cabin... For the next two days work has been hectic... With board pressuring Darius and the company.... And also I have been getting calls from William about the status.... William is actual perfect fit for ceo position but still I am not sure for what's going to happen on Monday meeting....

On Saturday I received some information about Vanderbilt trying to buy shares off from the board and some even agreed.... I don't know why William is so interested in getting into sorades Inc.... I am missing something here why this sudden interest of William.... I even asked Vladimir about Vanderbilt but he said to stay away from him... Volkov couldn't attend the funeral because of some work.... Ugghhh I hate this week from the start till now its getting worse from Dimitri dead and company board.... Mark and Jason are still trying to find the murderer or some clues.... But which is all end in dead-end... The person who hired the contract killer is also dead... Yes someone hired an assassins to kill Dimitri... Everything is so messed up.....All I hope what is going to happen on Monday.....

Next update will be on Sunday......