Chapter 17

Jaella's POV

The next day at the precinct Spencer and I walk in to find the team already working and discussing the case. Derek notices us first.

"Hey lovebirds, how was your night?" He asks with a suggestive tone.

Spencer replies with a very enthusiastic, "Great!"

Derek and I both raise our eyebrows and look to Spencer.

"I mean not that anything that sometimes happens at nighttime happened," he quickly rambles, realising his mistake. "It was just a particularly good night. I, uh we were just, um. I am going to stop talking now."

He briskly walks to the other side of the room to sit with JJ and Rossi.

"You've really done a number on that kid," says Derek as he goes to stand beside me.

I turn to look at him quizzically. "What do you mean?"

"Sure Pretty Boy gets flustered around girls no matter if they're apart of a case or simply collecting his order at a restaurant. But when he's with you, he just seems comfortable. Never seen him like that, apart from when he's with us."

We both turn to see Spencer animatedly explaining the plot of the movie from last night to JJ, with a large childish grin on his face.

"Kid's been through a lot, and I don't know how much he's told you yet, but I just want to warn you that he's fragile."

"Don't worry," I ensure, "I don't think I'm gonna be leaving his side for a while."

"What made you guys start hanging out anyways?" Derek questions.

"Penelope kind of set us up," I reply with a chuckle. "Which reminds me that I have to confront her about it now."

"You do that Foxy," says Derek with a chuckle as he walks away.

I take out my phone and go to my recent calls. I see her number and click.

"Mornin' doll what can I do for ya?" Asks Penelope in her usual chipper voice.

"Oh nothing much Penny," I reply smoothly. "I just wanted to know if it was simply a coincidence that Spender just so happened to come out to the car that I was in the other night."

There is a slight pause.

"Darn," I hear her say with a sigh. "I just saw how much potential chemistry that you both had from the time that you walked into the work room and I just had to test it out. Sorry if you hate me now."

"Penny don't worry about it, and if it's any consolation," I lower my voice, "I spent the last two night's in his hotel room."

A loud squeal emits from the phone. I have to hold it away from me so as not to go deaf in my right ear.

"Welcome to the family, doll."

"Thanks Penny," I say between chuckles. "Got to go now."

"Buh-bye."

I hang up the phone and make my way over to the round table. Hotch walks in and greets us all before starting his talk.

"Derek, how are the watch cars doing, any suspicious action."

"Absolutely none, sir."

"Our unsub could have simply been there and listened to the conversation so we cannot rule out any possible suspects. I want for Emily and David to accompany Jaella to the club so that she can know her way around and is aware of the rules. You will begin working there tonight."

We arrive at the strip club and walk up to the dark building. The windows are blacked out, so as not to be seen from the outside and there is large golden letters spelling the club's name.

HEAVEN'S ANGELS

I shudder at the name choice and try to clear my head. I see David come over and stand in front of me.

"Hey are you okay?" He gently holds onto my shoulders at looks at me. "You know that if this brings back too many memories, we can find another way." He smiles kindly at me.

"Oh no I'll be fine," I reply, offering him a small smile. "Just the name of this place reminds me of something I'd rather forget."

We walk inside and see a tall woman with bright red hair talking to some of the bartenders. When she spots us she walks over and sticks out her hand.

"Lovely to meet you all, my name is Lola and I understand that you will have an agent disguising as one of my girls for a case."

"Nice to meet you too," replies Emily. "This is Jaella Fox and she will be the agent working here. Don't worry she won't be actually interacting with any customers, simply on the look out and searching for a possible suspect."

Lola turns to me and her eyes light up. "Hello dear, would you like me to give you the grand tour?" She offers.

"If you don't mind," I say wearily.

Emily and David go off to make sure that wires and cameras are set up around the venue. Lola and I make our way around and she shows me all of the different rooms and even introduces me to a couple of girls that I will be working with tonight.

"Do you have any experience with this industry?" Asks Lola after walking around for a couple of minutes.

"Yes actually," I say. "Four years, from the age of sixteen. Although my workplace wasn't as kind as this. From what I've seen you treat your girls like your own daughters."

"We are like family," she replies with a fond smile. "You are a fine young woman Jaella." She takes my hands in hers and gives them a small kiss. "I'm sorry that you had to be submerged into this life so young."

We make our way back to the main room where I spot Emily and David just finishing up.

"You ready for tonight?"asks Emily with a concerned look.

"As I'll ever be."

Just a warning. Shiz is about to go down next chapter. Hehe lerv you all.