Chapter 12

I wake up thanks to sunlight almost blinding me through a gap in the curtains.

Curtains?

All of last night's memories come flooding back. Me crying everywhere, telling a part of my past, Spencer comforting me, him brining me back to his room, feeling safe. I just hope that things can go back to normal after last night. What if he only comforted me because he felt obliged to. I am such an idiot.

I realise the position that I'm in. An arm, that is not mine, is gently wrapped around my waist with a hand resting over my stomach. I strain my neck to see Spencer's face pressed against his pillow.

He looks so cute. I could get used to this. JAELLA STOP THIS.

I carefully unwrap myself from his hold, trying to be a ninja and not wake him and sit up on the edge of the bed. The digital clock on the mahogany bedside table reads 7:16am. I decide to go have a quick shower and get ready for the long day ahead.

I watch as the water cascades down my arm to the very tips of my fingers before falling to the shower floor. I can feel my muscles relax after not moving them for the hours that I was sleeping. I close my eyes and tilt my head back, allowing for the warm water to trail down my face. I open my mouth and let it fill with water before pretending to be one of those statues that shoots water out of it's mouth. After being the child that I am, I finish up and step onto the marbled floor. I dry myself off with one of the two towels beside the sink and securely wrap it around my body.

Why didn't I bring my clothes into the bathroom to change? Idiot.
I can just grab them and change back in here.

I step out of the bathroom cautiously and walk over to my bag that Spencer must have brought from the car when we went inside last night. I stand up to walk back into the bathroom but freeze when an alarm goes off on the bedside table.

I see Spencer turn to the side and hit the top of the alarm. He stands from the bed and goes to walk forward but stops when he notices me, in my towel. Quite a smallish towel now that I think about it.

"Oh god." He quickly turns around to face the bed. "I am so sorry. I was just getting up and well, em, you were just well-"

I seem to unfreeze from my state of shock and cut him off before he can say anymore.

"Oh no that's not your fault," I quickly say. My cheeks redden and I'm grateful that he's turned away and can't see their colour. "You were probably on your way to the bathroom so I can just, um, I can get changed out here."

"Ok sure," he replies timidly.

He begins to walk backwards, using his fingers to guide him along the wall to the bathroom, making sure not to look at me which I mentally thank him for. After the door closes I hear the shower turn on. I dress myself in black jeans, a light blue shirt, which I tuck into the jeans and add a belt. I hear a knock on the bathroom door.

"Um, can I come out?" Spencer calls from the other side of the door.

How is he so frickin hot? And respectful?!

"Course," I call back.

He steps out of the bathroom already dressed in his usual attire.

"Do you want to go down to breakfast?" I ask while trying to busy myself with something to avoid eye contact.

"I'd like that. We've stayed here before and they do some mean waffles."

I look up at him and nod with a small smile.

"Did you know that waffles inspired the brand Nike's first pair of sneakers? Bill Bowerman was watching his wife use their waffle iron in 1971 and thought that it would be the perfect shape for the sole of an athletic shoe. The shoe was named the Waffle Trainer."

I let out a laugh. "Add that to the list of amazing things that waffles can do."

He joins in and we make our way to the breakfast room.

Look at them bondinggggg. My heart is so full ugh they cute. Yup this is my message, bye.