Chapter 4

Jaella's POV

Waiting outside the BAU's conference room is more nerve racking than one might think. I'm able to hear the briefing going on inside. I listen to the questions and statements made by the team. Even though they have only just been told of the case, they can already assume that the unsub has a religious nature. No wonder these guys are the best in the business.

Deep breaths. Deep breaths. I begin to pulse my thumb against my fingers in a steady motion. Starting with the index finger, along to the pinky, back up and repeat. A habit I use when I become anxious. I tend to catch myself doing it quite often, probably due to the stressful job that I do.

Usually I am never this nervous but this circumstance is extremely different to any of my other experiences. For one, I'm not working with my usual team. I'm not even in Washington DC. And to top it off I will have to dive back into my teenage years of being a stripper. I have come to terms with myself and do not regret what I have done, because at that particular stage in my life I had to find a way to survive. At least this is what I tell myself. It is the fact that other people, strangers, will have to know of my past as well.

As someone passes, I look down at my black converse. I never really wear high heels to work, unless on a case. I guess I associate them with the heels I had to wear whist working at the club. Those shoes threaten to compete with the Leaning Tower of Pisa for which is taller, plus, women act like it's so easy, but they hurt like a buttcheek on a stick. Why choose to be uncomfortable?

My thoughts are disrupted when I hear Agent Hotchner, my boss for the time being, call me in. I straighten my suit jacket and make sure that my hair is in place before pushing open the door.

I try to walk with confidence towards the table at the centre of the room. I make my way over to the man who called me in.

"Agent Fox, it is good to see that you were able to get here on such short notice."

"Well, when duty calls, Agent Hotchner," I reply smoothly.

"Please call me Hotch. Allow for me to introduce you to my team," he begins pointing to the man nearest to me. "This here is Agent David Rossi." I take in the Italian man's features and see him giving me a comforting smile, which I politely return.

"Beside him is Penelope Garcia. Our finest technical analyst." I notice the woman before me. She has pointed glasses and an extremely colourful fashion sense. I like her already.

"Welcome sugar," she says in a soft voice.

"This is Agent Derek Morgan. He tends to work well with explosives, fixations and obsessive behaviours." The man who he is referencing to has muscles for the gods. I bet he could lift the bus that I take to work every morning with one hand. I keep this to myself.

The unit chief moves on the the man beside Derek. "Dr. Spencer Reid. He specialises in statistics and geographical profiling." He gives me a small wave and a tight lipped smile. I have to will for my mouth to stay closed and to make sure my jaw does not drop to the floor. The man in front of me bearing glasses has a sharp jawline, pink lips and light brown hair that I would love to run my fingers-

Come on Jaella focus. Just because one of, and possibly THE most attractive men you have ever laid eyes on is before you does not mean that you can act like a fool.

I pull my focus back to Agent Hotchner. "Right here is Jennifer Jareau. She is our communications liaison." The woman beside Dr. Spencer Reid is gorgeous with blonde hair and a kind smile.

"You can call me JJ. All of my friends do," she offers. I simply nod at her warmly.

"This is Agent Emily Prentiss. Along with JJ, Dr. Reid, Morgan and Rossi is a supervisory special agent." I acknowledge her by giving a small smile.

I clear my throat once the introductions are over. "Hello I am Jaella Fox from headquarters in DC. I will hopefully be able to help you with the current case."

Agent Hotchner then turns to me and shakes my hand with a firm grip.

"Welcome to the BAU."

Yupp sweeties. She has officially met the team. Not all chapters will be filled with excitement (sorry bout it) as I must add some filler chapters so that the story runs smoothly and is more than 3 chapters long. Kisses xx.