Chapter 9

Jaella's POV

On the way to the hotel I become aware of the fact that Spencer can see my fingers tapping together rhythmically. I also become aware of the fact that my fingers are tapping together rhythmically. I usually don't even notice this tendency myself. Thankfully he begins a conversation to distract me, as if he knows that a distraction is just what I need. He sure is good a his job.

"Have you ever been here to Florida before?" He asks, rubbing the back of his neck.

I turn to face him. We're both sitting in the back seat with Hotch and Emily up front. "Every now and again, but never by my own accord. Strictly for work. I didn't really travel with my dad a lot," I say nonchalantly. "I always want to see more of the places that I go to but with our line of work there isn't really that much time for dillydallying."

Dillydallying?! Out of a whole dictionary of words you choose dillydallying?!

Spencer chuckles at my choice of words.

"Did you know that Florida has more golf courses than any other state in America? With more than one thousand three hundred courses there is never a shortage of the sport. You can even find the World Golf of Fame and museum here."

I raise my eyebrows slightly at the information spewed out before me. In the few times that I've witnessed him saying facts, he always seems happy to be able to inform others of information that they don't know. Although, not in a know-it-all kind of way. And these facts were always interesting, things that might win you a few pub quizzes here and there.

"Do you play golf back in Virginia?" I question.

"No, not really. Although I do read a lot and some of those texts involve facts on golf." He pauses slightly and I notice his cheeks tinge a shade that resembles a light pink. "Sorry I'm not particularly certain on why I told you that."

"Oh, that's alright," I reply. "Personally I believe that every person should know of the one thousand three hundred golf courses in Florida," I say in a slightly teasing manner.

He smiles and looks away, but I see his cheeks becoming a deeper red in the reflection of the metal on the car door.

"I suppose being able to read twenty thousand words per minute allows for you to read up on extra material."

He turns back to me with a quizzical look on his face.

"I decided to do a bit of research on you guys before I met you all," I add quickly, mentally banging my head off the back of Emily's seat in front of me. "Wanted to see who I would be working with. It seems that even your reputation doesn't seem to do you guys justice."

Hotch speaks up from the seat in front. "We have a very tight-knit team. We compliment each others traits. We all specialise in different areas, and when brought together we work well."

We arrive at the hotel and Hotch hands me the keys as I walk around the car to get to the driver's seat. I watch as the team retreat to the atrium of the hotel for the night as I start up the car.

Now, where to go?

Ugh they're so frickin' cute and awkward I love it. Where she gonna go though???? Find out by sliding along to the next chapter der.