Chapter 29

Nya's POV

Everyone looks up at the screen in suspense.

"People of Ninjago, the footage we are about to show you is of your one and only Harumi, who has put every elemental master through hell, but mostly Lloyd. I hope you guys can see that we're not the ones you should be afraid of, but her," Zane tells everyone. Then, the screen switches to Lloyd and Juliet sitting in front of the fountain in the facility we were held in, holding their backpacks. It's from the day we were trying to escape.

"Juliet, I have to tell you something," Lloyd says, seemingly impulsively. She looks over.

"What's up, Lloyd?" she asks him.

"I really thought I liked Harumi, like that I like liked her, but I didn't. It took you for me to notice that," he admits. "We've had real conversations, and you've made me genuinely enjoy hanging out with you. I really, really like you Juliet."

"Lloyd, I really, really like you too," she tells him. The two of them sit there smiling at each other and talking before they get interrupted.

"Lloyd!" Harumi cheers as she walks up, four guards on her flank. Lloyd's heart visibly drops when he sees her.

"Harumi, what are you doing here?" he asks her nervously. Juliet's face looks deathly pale.

"In all that time searching for a husband, I could never find anyone. I wondered why, but then I realized something. The only boy I've ever loved was locked up in here," she tells him in a sweet voice, walking closer to him. "I talked to my parents Lloyd. They'll let you out to rule beside me!"

"I don't want to," he tells her. She looks dumbfounded.

"What?" she snaps, confused.

"I don't want to be with you Harumi. I'd rather rot in here for the rest of my life," he spits at her. Her face turns furious, and she faces Juliet.

"This is your fault! What did you do to my Lloyd?" she yells at her, pointing. Suddenly, there is a bright flash in the distance, followed by a series of other bright flashes. It catches Harumi's attention, and her face drops with fear.

"Restrain them!" she commands, and her guards hold both Juliet and Lloyd back. They fight back. Suddenly, the flashes stop. Harumi smirks. One of the guards listens to his earpiece.

"Your highness, he doesn't have the key," he tells her. Her eyes widen.

"What?" she snaps.

"They searched him. His cuff is off, but he has no key with him. The girl must have it," he tells Harumi calmly. Harumi, on the other hand, is nowhere near calm.

"Did Tox say where she would be? Or where Skylor would be?" Harumi fumes.

"No, your highness," he tries to stay calm.

"Damn it!" she screams. "If Skylor gets that key, we lose! Simple as that."

"We could send men to find the girl," one of the guards suggests, but Harumi shakes her head.

"That's too improbable," she declares. Another large flash in the distance occurs. "We have to use plan Z." The guards look weary.

"Are you sure?" they question. She nods.

"Just leave Lloyd here," she commands. The guard nods, and he whispers something into his ear piece. Lloyd starts to squirm around more.

"Let me go!" he yells, kicking his feet.