Chapter 23

*after all of them got zapped away*

Nya's POV

Slowly, I regain feeling and consciousness. One second, I was running through our little hell-hole trying to get the key to Skylor, but then an excruciating pain filled my body, and everything went numb. I still can't move, but I can feel that I'm lying down in something hot and grainy.

When I can finally open my eyes, I'm blinded by the blaring sun. Using all my force, I lift my hand up to block the sun from my eyes. Soon, I regain my motor functions. Once I can sit up, I look around. I can see nothing but sand for miles in the distance.

"Jay!" I yell, hoping for a response. I get none. "Kai!" Once again, nothing. "Skylor!"

"Guess I'll just have to do this all myself," I sigh. I stand up, brushing my clothes off, before sticking the key in my pocket, seeing as it was still in my hand. I take a sip of water from my water bottle I packed in my travel pack and start walking straight forward.

---

Sand, all there is is sand. I've walked for hours straight, and I haven't came across any form of life. My throat is dry, but I'm hoping to save my water for tonight in case I don't find anything. As the sun starts to set in front of me, I sigh, but keep walking.

---

When I finally see a light in the distance, everything inside my lights up. My muscles ache, but I urge myself to keep moving. When I finally get close enough, I can read the neon sign, surrounded by loads of trash.

"Ed & Edna's Scrap N Junk," I read to myself. I walk in, taking in the piles of miscellaneous supplies. Sitting off to the side is a motor home. There is a light on inside, so I walk over to try to get some help. I knock on the door, and I quickly hear shuffling inside. When the door is opened, I see the same woman with the greying brown hair that was at the FOF meeting. When she sees me, an expression of shock crosses her face.

"Nya deary, come in," she quickly moves out of the way and lets me in. "Ed, can you fetch me a nice cup of tea?"

"Of course dear," Ed smiles at his wife, quickly scurrying off. She sits across from me, a table between us. Ed comes back with a hot cup of tea, placing it in front of me before sitting next to his wife.

"What happened to you? You look parched," Edna asks me, concern in her face.

"I've been walking all day. It gets so hot out there," I sigh, taking a sip of the tea.

"How did you get out there all by yourself?" Ed asks.

"I don't exactly know. One second, I'm trying to get this key to Skylor to help us escape," I pull the key out of my pocket,"and the next I'm lying in the sand. A bright red flash happened, and I was suddenly somewhere else."

"Teleportation technology. They're more advanced than I though," Edna says to herself.

"Do you know why they used it? Or where everyone else went?" Ed questions. I shake my head.

"Nope. However, we set up a plan to all meet up at a secret vault I made if we escaped, so everyone should still go there," I inform them. "I should actually go there now." I go to get up, but my legs are so tired from walking all day that I almost collapse.

"You should spend the night here to regain your strength. Ed and I can take you in the morning. You can sleep in our son's bed," she offers. I go to decline, but a nice, soft bed sounds really nice right now. I can tell there's more they want to say, but they're staying quiet.

"That would be nice," I give in. She smiles, and she helps me into a little room at the end of the trailer. The twin sized bed fits from wall to wall, with a little room at the foot of the bed where a small dresser is with picture frames on it. In one frame, there's a picture of younger Ed and Edna with a little boy standing in between them. I immediately recognize him, from the messy auburn hair to the bright blue eyes and giant smile. "Jay is your son?"

"You talked to him?" she asks. I nod.

"He's turned out to be an amazing person. He still invents," I give her a small smile. It's evident this information means the world to her. Her face lights up. "He really loves you and Ed."

"You should rest," she gives me a small smile. "We can talk more in the morning."

"Thank you Enda."

"No, thank you Nya. Because of you, my boy is going to be coming home."

---

Kai's POV

The air is hot and moist on my skin. I groan, rolling over on the ground. Everything inside of me aches. I open my eyes, and I'm surrounded by dozens of trees and exotic plants. I look down, and I'm lying in a puddle of mud.

"Gross," I stand up, trying to wipe off my clothes, but the mud stays on. I'm definitely not in that prison anymore, but I'm also nowhere close to it either. I've never been here in my life. I start to wander, trying to find any form of life. The cuff on my wrist feels even heavier, like it's weighing me down.

In the distance, I hear some rustling and voices. I quickly grab a rock off the ground, ready to throw it in case I need to defend myself. Cautiously, I walk forward.

"The power surge was in this direction," one man says. The footsteps start to get even closer. Suddenly, several men with purple snake tattoos emerge from the brush. I throw the rock at one of them, but he dodges. My eyes widen.

"Get him!" the largest of them all, most likely their leader, orders. They charge me with a net. I try to dodge, but they wrap me up and trap me.

"Great job guys. The master will love this."

A/N: hey look, I wrote another one.

How did you guys like it? I got writers block during Nya's part

And for my new story

Skylor is...the new girl (lots of people guessed that one also)

How did you guys like this chapter? It's not as exciting as the last chapter, but it sets stuff up